Charitable Giving More Valuable Than Ever
- Community foundations vs. family foundations. Israelov, Rhoda // Indianapolis Business Journal;06/19/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p31
Answers queries about personal finance problems. Benefit of a donor-advised fund within a community foundation; General rule of thumb for how much to keep in emergency funds.
- Determining Gift Status. // Association Management;Feb2002, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p22
Discusses issues on determining gift status of contributions in the United States. Ruling of the Internal Revenue Code on deductible contributions; Examples which determine deductible contributions.
- INVESTING ON THE HOMEFRONT. Brown, Carolyn M. // Black Enterprise;Jul2000, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p69
Encourages the use of one's personal wealth to strengthen his or her community. Types of charitable donations; Social investments and charitable trusts.
- Consumers back plan for unclaimed money. // Credit Control;2005, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p47
Reports on the results of a survey conducted in Great Britain highlighting proposals to use unclaimed money from forgotten bank and building society accounts for charitable projects. Criteria to determine unclaimed money; Promotion of schemes to encourage people to check if they have dormant...
- Improving Clients' Lives Through Philanthropy. // Journal of Financial Planning;May2006, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p30
The article discusses methods that financial planners can improve their clients' lives through the use of philanthropy. While financial planners are required to do quality financial planning for clients, many forget that their overall goal is to improve the lives of their clients, in all...
- Advisors and Clients in the Brave New World of Philanthropy. Grote, Jim // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2007, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p24
The article discusses ways for financial planners to tell if their clients are charitably inclined and, if so, how to help them become better philanthropists. A study of charitable givers by the National Committee on Planned Giving reveals that most donors look to their financial planners for...
- Giving Kids First-Hand Experience with Philanthropy. Alexander, Roxanne // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2007Supplement, Vol. 20, p8
The article discusses how financial planners can give children first-hand experience with philanthropic giving. Charitable advice is a positive way for planners to involve clients in the financial planning process, though it is often neglected unless the client specifically tells the planner...
- Planned Giving Redefined. Jones, Michael L. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p38
In this article the author examines issues surrounding legacy gifts, posthumous donations, and other types of charitable giving. The importance of planned giving to charitable organizations is explored. The author claims that the process of making planned bequests to charities should also...
- Lifetime Deferred Giving. Murphy, David // Practical Accountant;Aug2004 Supplement, Vol. 37, pSR-12
The article focuses on charitable contributions made by Americans. The humanitarian and moral aspects have been always been the primary motivating forces for charity giving. However the tax benefits have assumed increasing importance as the tax system has grown in complexity and scope. A...