A Healthy Trend With Global Appeal
- Options for Future Regulation of Financial Planners, Part II. Macey, Jonathan R. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p90
This article reprints the second and final section of a white paper on the future regulation of the financial planning profession, written oh behalf of the Financial Planning Association. It often has been argued that the financial planning profession will not be able to take its place in the...
- IN THE FPA. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p18
This article provides information on various events involving the Financial Planning Association in the U.S. Some of the organization's activities for 200 include: Retreat 2000, in Phoenix, Arizona on April 27-30, 2000; election of the 2001 board members during its November meeting; Success...
- Advisors' Salaries Increase. Britt, Julie // Advisor Today;Sep2009, Vol. 104 Issue 9, p32
The article highlights the result of the 2009 Survey of Trends in Financial Planning conducted by College for Financial Planning in the U.S. The survey reveals that the salaries of the financial advisors have increased by 215,345 dollars per year and mostly get their compensation from fees. It...
- Serving the Underserved: Is There a Professional Obligation? Opiela, Nancy // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p76
This article describes various pro bono work that U.S. financial planners offer to their clients. Spring Leonard, a certified financial planner of SBL Financial Enterprise in Norfolk, Massachusetts, often offers help free of charge. Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. president...
- A Peek Inside the RIA Community... // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct2005, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p24
This article focuses on Evolution/Revolution: A Profile of the Investment Advisory Profession, the 2005 report of the Investment Adviser Association and the National Regulatory Services about investment advisers registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). SEC-registered...
- No Plan, Please. Aldrich Jr., Nelson W. // Financial Planning;Sep2003, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p47
Presents an article on financial planning in the U.S. Reasons behind the reluctance in seeking financial services; Perception on financial plan; Theme of the book "Rick in America; Secrets to Creating and Preserving Wealth," by Jeffrey S. Maurer.
- INDICATORS. // Financial Planning;Oct2004, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p23
Presents statistics related to financial planning in the U.S. Gross dealer concession share of registered representatives in free-based products in 2003; Decrease in the number of life insurance policies sold in the second quarter of 2004; Impact of practice inquiries on the financial planning...
- GEORGE KINDER. French, Kristen // Financial Planning;Jan2005, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p61
Features financial planner George Kinder, founder and executive director of Kinder Institute of Life Planning in the U.S. Contributions of Kinder to the development of the life planning movement; Achievements of Kinder in the field of life planning; Profile of Kinder.
- GET BIG OR FADE AWAY. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Apr2005, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p58
Offers advice on financial planning practices in the U.S. Forecast on the rise of larger financial planning firms; Preferences of clients in relation to financial services; Changes in responsibilities of principal planners.