Models of Nursing Care Delivery and Case Management: Clarification of Terms
- hospital case management and progression of care. Daniles, Stefani; Frater, Jeff // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Aug2011, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p108
The article discusses the aspects of hospital case management and progression of care, which refers to a three-prolonged approach to supervise the complexities of the fragmented care delivery. It states that under the scheme, case management is called upon to address the challenges presented by...
- Clinical RN Involvement in Bedside-Centered Case Management. Bair, N. Lyn; Griswold, James T.; Head, Janice L. // Nursing Economic$;May/Jun89, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p150
The involvement of clinical bedside registered nurses in bedside-centered case management is discussed. Strategies that are implemented by bedside-centered case management would effectively reduce the gap between acute-care costs of hospitalization and reimbursement care coordination program...
- Case management can reduce costs and protect revenues. Micheletti, Julie A.; Shlala, Thomas J. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Apr95, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p64
Suggest the need for an integrated healthcare system to depend on a case management program to reduce costs, improve quality and protect revenues. Traditional perception of case management; Approaches to case management; Development of pathways and practice standards by case management coordinators.
- CE questions. // Case Management Advisor;Dec2007, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p132
A quiz about case management is presented.
- CE questions. // Case Management Advisor;Jul2007, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p72
A quiz about the articles published within the July 2007 issue of "Case Management Advisor" is presented.
- CNE questions. // Hospital Case Management;Jul2008, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p109
A quiz about hospital case management is presented.
- Literature Review. Cuzzell, Janice // Dermatology Nursing;Dec99, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p456
Provides information on `A Case Manager's Study Guide: Preparing for Certification,' by D. Maldonado and C. Quinn. Link between interest in case management as a career option with the growth of managed care; Purpose of the guide; Features of each chapter.
- A comunicaÃ§Ã£o entre a equipe de enfermagem e os familiares de pacientes em terapia intensiva: estudo qualitativo. Da Silva, Sabrina Guterres; Prochnow, Adelina Giacomelli; Dos Santos, José Luís Guedes; Guerra, Soeli Teresinha; Barrios, Sueli Gói // Online Brazilian Journal of Nursing;2009, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p24
The communication improves the interaction among professionals, patients and their families; making care actions more humanized, diminishing doubts and anxiety in the process of hospitalization in Intensive Care Units. This study aimed to understand the opinion of relatives of patients in...
- Nursing Intervention Boosts Breast CA Care. // RN;Dec2003, Vol. 66 Issue 12, p17
Reports on a study suggesting that older women with breast cancer get more appropriate care when a nurse is managing their case. Finding that patients with case managers were more likely to have breast-conserving surgery in the first six months after diagnosis; Publication of the study in the...