STRAW MEN, FIBS, AND OTHER ACADEMIC SINS
- METAMORPHOSIS: FROM STATISTICS INTO COCKROACHES, A RESPONSE TO PROFESSOR COHEN'S A STUDY OF INVIDIOUS RACIAL DISCRIMINATION IN ADMISSIONS AT THOMAS JEFFERSON HIGH SCHOOL FOR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY: MONTY PYTHON AND FRANK KAFKA MEET A PROBIT REGRESSION. Domenech, Daniel A. // Albany Law Review;2003, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p279
Comments on Lloyd Cohen's study entitled "A Study of Invidious Racial Discrimination in Admissions at Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology: Monty Python and Franz Kafka Meet a Probit Regression." Cohen's argument on the admission system of Thomas Jefferson High School; Flaws...
- New Executive Director To Take Reins at AASA. Bradley, Ann // Education Week;4/16/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p4
The article announces the appointment of Daniel A. Domenech, as executive director of the American Association of School Administrators.
- Fairer Admissions for City's Leading High Schools. Mulgrew, Michael // City & State;7/21/2014, p16
No abstract available.
- Study Dissects Superintendent Job Turnovers. Sparks, Sarah D. // Education Week;12/5/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p1
The article discusses the job turnover rates of California school superintendents according to research presented in the December 2012 issue of the "American Educational Research Journal" by Jason A Grissom and Stephanie Andersen. Additional topics include the impact of superintendents'...
- Daniel A. Domenech Named AASA Executive Director. // District Administration;Jun2008, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p14
The article announces that Daniel A. Domenech has been selected as executive director of the American Association of School Administrations.
- THE URBAN AGENDA. Jones, David R. // New York Amsterdam News;10/11/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 41, p5
The article informs about the racial discrimination regarding the admission of students in New York City. It informs that the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) has not conducted a study to show the validity of the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT). It informs about a complaint...
- Tests Should Assist, Not Determine, Teacher-Certification Decisions. Sullivan, Edward J. // Education Week;5/14/2014, Vol. 33 Issue 31, p32
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Why We Back Performance Tests for Would-Be Teachers" by JoAnn Bartoletti, Gail Connelly, Daniel A. Domenech, and Sharon P. Robinson published in the April 16, 2014 issue.
- Schools Chief to Retire In Fairfax County, Va. Bradley, Ann // Education Week;12/10/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p4
Daniel A. Domenech, the superintendent of the Fairfax County, Virginia, public schools, announced last week that he will retire in March. Mr. Domenech, 58, who has spent six years at the helm of the 161,000-student district, will then become a senior vice president of urban markets for...
- Four Questions for Daniel Domenech. Stover, Del // American School Board Journal;May2007, Vol. 194 Issue 5, p10
An interview with Daniel A. Domenech, head of the Urban Advisory Resource team for McGraw-Hill Education is presented. When asked about the achievement gap in urban schools, he relates that we should shift the attention from the achievement gap to improving the achievement of underperforming...