METAMORPHOSIS: FROM STATISTICS INTO COCKROACHES, A RESPONSE TO PROFESSOR COHEN'S A STUDY OF INVIDIOUS RACIAL DISCRIMINATION IN ADMISSIONS AT THOMAS JEFFERSON HIGH SCHOOL FOR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY: MONTY PYTHON AND FRANK KAFKA MEET A PROBIT REGRESSION
- STRAW MEN, FIBS, AND OTHER ACADEMIC SINS. Cohen, Lloyd // Albany Law Review;2003, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p285
Presents a response to Daniel A. Domenech's comments on the article "A Study of Invidious Racial Discrimination in Admissions at Thomas Jefferson High School Admission at Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology: Monty Python and Franz Kafka Meet a Probit Regression." Rhetorical...
- Fairer Admissions for City's Leading High Schools. Mulgrew, Michael // City & State;7/21/2014, p16
No abstract available.
- THE URBAN AGENDA. Jones, David R. // New York Amsterdam News;10/11/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 41, p5
The article informs about the racial discrimination regarding the admission of students in New York City. It informs that the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) has not conducted a study to show the validity of the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT). It informs about a complaint...
- GHS registration, schedule pickup, Fish Camp slated for Aug. 13-14, 19. // Graham Leader;8/10/2014, Vol. 131 Issue 1, p11A
The article reports that the new student registration for Graham High School (GHS) will start on August 13, 2014.
- GJHS registration scheduled for Tuesday, Aug. 12. // Graham Leader;8/10/2014, Vol. 131 Issue 1, p11A
The article reports that the Graham Junior High School will have new student registration from August 13-14 and 19, 2014 at the Graham Junior High School cafeteria.
- Niemira earns admission to Missouri Academy. // Jefferson County Journal;9/7/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 36, pB6
The article reports on the admission of Northwest High School student Lauren Niemira to the Missouri Academy of Science, Mathematics and Computing.
- Timeline on Sheff vs. O'Neill. // District Administration;May2003, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p12
Reports on a complaint of a fourth grader that schools in Hartford, Connecticut are segregated and promote racial and ethnic isolation. State Supreme Court's order to desegregate Hartford's schools; Expansion of a suburban school choice program for Hartfold students.
- The fog around us. Scherer, Marge // Educational Leadership;Dec97/Jan98, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p5
Editorial. Discusses about desegregation which was viewed by minority critics as a racial insult. Actions being taken by society towards becoming a land of equal opportunity; Problems in desegregated schools.
- Missed Opportunities, Enduring Legacies: School Segregation and Desegregation in Kansas City, Missouri. Gotham, Kevin Fox // American Studies (00263079);Summer2002, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p5
Focuses on the racial discrimination on the education system in Kansas City, Missouri. Racial segregation in local schools; Role of the state government in creating racially segregated schools; Relation between school administrative decisions and housing patterns in the community.