ENRON -- THE BANKRUPTCY HEARD AROUND THE WORLD AND THE INTERNATIONAL RICOCHET OF SARBANES-OXLEY
- New foreign business law. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;Jun95, p13
Reports that approval of Thailand's Alien Business Law will result in the increase in the number of foreign businessmen in industry sectors.
- What will new EU ruling cost? Johnson, Mike // Management Review;Jul95, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p21
Focuses on the European Union directive requiring foreign firms to set up works councils for the information and consultation of employees. Key point of the directive; Comments from Richard Savage, vice president of human resources for Quaker Europe; Areas of concern for companies. INSET: Will...
- House panel passes anti-terrorism bill. // American Banker;6/17/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 115, p2
Reports on the US House Ways and Means Committee's approval of a bill that would penalize foreign businesses that invest in Iranian and Libyan oil and gas firms. Details on the bill's provisions.
- SLOBODA POSLOVNOG NASTANA TRGOVAÄŒKIH DRUÅ TAVA - Å TO DONOSI PRIJEDLOG ÄŒETRNAESTE DIREKTIVE U PRAVU EUROPSKE UNIJE? Horak, Hana; Dumančić, Kosjenka; Šafranko, Zvonimir // Zbornik Pravnog Fakulteta Sveucilista u Rijeci;2012, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p573
No abstract available.
- Canada closes ranks in investment scene. // Accountancy;Feb1974, Vol. 85 Issue 966, p13
This article discusses the Canadian legislation, Bill C-132. Under this bill, the Minister of Industry, Trade and Commerce is given wide powers to examine foreign take-overs and the establishment or expansion of any foreign-owned businesses. A requirement that the majority of directors of any...
- Contract Manufacturing: A Different Perspective. Tello, Carol P. // Tax Executive;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p125
Examines the history of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service position on contract manufacturing as manifested in Revenue Ruling 75-7[sub4] and Revenue Ruling 97-48. Claim of the agency on the use of a toller by a controlled foreign corporation to qualify for the manufacturing exception; Definition...
- Corporate Governance in Chinese-Listed Companies Going Global. Tomasic, Roman // Chinese Journal of Comparative Law;Mar2014, Vol. 2 Issue 1, 10.1093/cjcl/cxu002 p155
Corporate governance reform challenges Chinese firms trying to establish themselves in global markets. When they enter foreign markets, Chinese enterprises are likely to bring their pre-existing corporate governance practices with them. This article examines how the corporate governance...
- Malawi passes discriminatory law against Chinese. G. I. N // Michigan Citizen;9/2/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 43, p2
The article reports on the Malawi anti-Asian law, which blocks Chinese and foreigners from doing business in the country's outlaying and rural areas that would take effect on July 31, 2012.
- Unpleasant surprises in the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Auerbach, Norman E. // Management Review;Nov78, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p29
Discusses the flaws in the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977 in the United States. Provisions on illegal payments; Disputes of internal control; Findings of analyzing the act.