THE DESIGNATED NONPUBLIC FORUM: REMEDYING THE FORBES MISTAKE
- Minneapolis-St. Paul. Hudson, Eileen Davis // MediaWeek;12/3/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 45, p14
Deals with the market status of the local media outlets in Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Minnesota as of December 3, 2001. Preparation being made by the media outlets for the re-election campaign of Governor Jesse Ventura; Ratings of television and radio programs shown in both cities; Updates on...
- No holds barred in Jesse Ventura coverage. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;11/16/98, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the media coverage of Jesse Ventura, the former pro wrestler who gained an upset win in the governor's race in Minnesota. Reasons for national interest sparked by Ventura, according to media people; Role of Ventura in helping Minnesota to the highest voter turnout; Planned focus of...
- INSIDE MOVES. // Daily Variety;1/6/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 1, p5
Presents news in the field of television and entertainment in the U.S. Primetime programming of American Broadcasting Co. (ABC); Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura's negotiations with MSNBC to have his own program; Senator Joseph Lieberman's stand on violent entertainment and music.
- Jesse puts move on Minnesota pubcasters. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;02/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p4
Reports that Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura has proposed phasing out state funding for public broadcasters in the state, as part of his proposed comprehensive budget package for fiscal years 2000 and 2001. Impact of the state funding cuts on small rural television and radio stations; Proposed...
- 'How I Hate the Media' Mulcahy, Mike // Nieman Reports;Summer2000, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p39
Discusses the attitude of Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura toward the media. Role of the media in his election as governor; Description of his relationship with the local and national media; Concerns over Ventura's reluctance to talk to local reporters.
- The Buzz. Fine, Jon; Linnett, Richard; Teinowitz, Ira; Goetzl, David // Advertising Age;11/18/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 46, p47
The article reports on developments concerning the U.S. mass media business as of November 18, 2002, including newspapers launched in Chicago, Illinois aimed at 18- to 34-year-olds. Dennis Publishing's magazine, which summarizes news reports and columns from publications around the world, will...
- Surprises in the heartland. Cohan, Paul // State Government News;Dec98, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p14
Comments on the results of the November 3, 1998 midterm elections in the Midwest. Changes in majority control in the Michigan House, the Minnesota House and the Wisconsin Senate; Victory of Jesse Ventura, gubernatorial candidate of the Reform Party; Comments from Representative Dee Long, a...
- POLITICS. Parello, Nancy // New York Times Upfront;05/10/99, Vol. 131 Issue 14, p10
Focuses on the significance of the youth vote in the November 2000 presidential election in the United States. Major factor behind the election of Jesse Ventura as governor of Minnesota; Ability of young voters to make an impact in smaller, state or local races; Reasons why young people do not...
- It's the man, not the issues: a vote for Ventura explained. Marker, Lori A. // Christian Science Monitor;11/16/98, Vol. 90 Issue 246, p13
Comments on the election of Jesse Ventura as governor of Minnesota. How the media has portrayed the ex-wrestler; Why the author voted for Ventura; Her feelings toward the Reform Party movement; His career in politics; Why Ventura won the election.