Cooking up some family comfort
- MFI clears the decks for the future. // Cabinet Maker;3/3/2006, Issue 5477, p3
The article reports on the statement by Matthew Ingle, chief executive of the British furniture chain MFI, that the chain has no plans to launch an upmarket store format as speculated in the media. The chain will discontinue its low-end production and focus on kitchens and bedrooms worth 500 to...
- County Kitchens shows off in London. // Cabinet Maker;11/19/99, Issue 5164, p5
Features the County Kitchens' showroom in High Street Kensington London, England.
- MFI: Simply Kitchens not for us. // Cabinet Maker;01/05/2001, Issue 5219, p5
Discloses that MFI has ruled out the possibility that it will takeover the 87 Simply concessions operated by United Kitchens in Harveys, Carpetright and the Co-op.
- MFI defends charging up front. // Cabinet Maker;07/17/98, Issue 5097, p4
Presents the reaction of MFI's Director of Corporate Affairs Philip Cunningham on an article published in the `Mail on Sunday' periodical criticizing the company's payment policy for its fitted kitchen products. Background on the article.
- MFI wins back sales from B&O. // Cabinet Maker;2/25/2005, Issue 5427, p6
The article reports that MFI Furniture Group PLC recovered market share in the kitchen sector over the winter sale period, as it clawed sales back from B&Q. The chain increased kitchen and bathroom sales slightly in the quarter to January 29, 2005, but had to cut prices to meet increased...
- Poggenpohl Opens New Flagship Showroom, Introduces New Collection. // Kitchen & Bath Business;May2006, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p14
The article reports that luxury kitchen manufacturer Poggenpohl hosted members of the media at its new flagship showroom in New York City to celebrate the opening of the space and to introduce its latest collection, Plusmodo. Plusmodo designer Jorge Pensi was on hand to unveil the hingeless...
- Brighter Days. Feldman, Bill; Feldman, Patti // Kitchen & Bath Business;May2006, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p36
The article demonstrates the value that lighting laboratories can add to kitchen and bathroom showrooms. A lighting laboratory features true-to-life layouts demonstrating various types of lighting. A series of onsite lighting setups within a few kitchen and bath displays can be a valuable...
- MFI's good turn for charity. // Cabinet Maker;05/08/98, Issue 5087, p33
Reports that MFI Furniture Group has donated 1,000 pounds to the Kent Air Ambulance Trust.
- MFI prepares for life without upholstery after profits jump. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/19/97, Issue 5069, p3
Reports that MFI is preparing for life without upholstery after deciding to concentrate on its `core' kitchen and bedroom ranges. Removal of upholstery from 14 of the company's stores; MFI's switch to regional warehouses; Effect of the switch on five-10 staff; Increase of retailing operating...