- Case goods mfrs. get creative. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;04/30/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p8
Reports the creativity of furniture manufacturers in the United States. Focus on increased flexibility in bedrooms and dining rooms; Interest in leather materials; Development of color finishes.
- At ABC Carpet event, every dog has its designer. // Furniture/Today;11/11/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p28
Reports on the launch of a home furniture design event in New York. Focus on creations and designs by 15 designers and architects; Participation of several furniture companies.
- Award for Hitchens. // Cabinet Maker;11/19/99, Issue 5164, p3
Highlights the furniture designer Tim Hitchens' receipt of the first prize in the furniture category of `Livingetc' magazine's Bright New Things Awards.
- Junet: communicating with customers. // Cabinet Maker;7/13/2001, Issue 5246, p26
Features Junnet, a furniture manufacturer group formed to export market in Finland. Advantages of the group to the companies involved; Difficulty in reaching right customers for the products; Style of furniture designs.
- Talent on show. // Cabinet Maker;1/4/2001, Issue 5268, p14
Features furniture presented at the Young Designer Award for furniture design students.
- Warming up to cool contemporary. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;02/15/2002, Issue 5274, p20
Features several furniture designs from furniture industry in Great Britain. Introduction of Santiago and Old Homer ranges from Tetrad; Combination of Pallas range from Collins and Hayes company; Style of the sofas of Peter Guild.
- Emerging Talent award. // Cabinet Maker;5/31/2002, Issue 5289, p29
Reports the recognition of furniture designer Cathrine Ahlenius with the Emerging Talent award in Great Britain. Qualifications of the award; Career profile of Ahlenius; Enumeration of judges.
- New horizons. Jordan, Anne // Cabinet Maker;01/30/98, Issue 5073, p10
Discusses the furniture industry in Spain. Increase in Spanish furniture exports; Status of the labor market; Varying quality of production; Styling trends; Appeal of Spanish furniture products in Great Britain. INSET: Make it a date..
- Keeping up tradition. Shalan, Judy // Cabinet Maker;01/30/98, Issue 5073, p16
Discusses independent British furniture makers' creation of traditional upholstery and cabinet furniture. Favorable performance of the traditional upholstery market; Typical purchasers of traditional furniture; Traditional furniture offerings from Lenley, Hatfields and Parker Knoll; Color...