Courts' shares fall as Next reaches a high
- Furniture stocks summary 9/8-9/15. // Furniture/Today;9/19/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p4
Presents a graph depicting price changes in furniture stocks from September 30, 2004 to August 25, 2005 in the U.S.
- Furniture stocks summary 3/17-3/24. // Furniture/Today;Mar28/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 29, p4
Presents a chart depicting furniture stocks in the U.S. as of March 24, 2005. Comparison of price indexes from the previous year.
- SOME FLOAT, SOME SINK. Roberts, Craig // BRW;10/28/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p52
Reports on the number of companies that floated on the Australian Stock Exchange in September 2004 that are trading below their offer price in October 2004. Best performance posted by Living Cell Technologies; Share prices of companies such as Liquefied Natural Gas and Avexa.
- FIRM PERFORMANCE AND STOCK RETURNS: AN EMPIRICAL STUDY OF THE TOP PERFORMING STOCKS LISTED ON SHANGHAI STOCK EXCHANGE. Dehuan, Jin; Jin, Zhenhu // Academy of Accounting & Financial Studies Journal;Jan2008, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p79
This study attempts to determine whether and to what extent stock prices in the Chinese stock market are driven by firms' operating performance. We use a sample that consists of the top 10% performers listed in the Shanghai Stock Exchange from 1996 to 2000 in terms of annual stock returns. We...
- Discounts and Other Mysteries of Corporate Finance. Booth, Richard A. // California Law Review;Jul91, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p1055
Two major theories attempt to explain why companies are often undervalued by the stock market and thus ripe for takeover attempts: the market hypothesis, which postulates that the market tends to price stocks below asset value, and the mi, investment hypothesis, which postulates that investors...
- STOCKS REPORT. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/1/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 42, p20A
Lists share prices of companies on Long Island, New York, as of September 24, 2004. Comparison with previous week prices; High and low prices for the 52-week period.
- CAPITAL GAINS TAX. // Accountancy;Jan1971, Vol. 82 Issue 929, p38
Describes instances upon which the price of a share quoted on the London Stock Exchange reflects its market value. Necessity of finding the market value in computing the chargeable gain; Importance of notifying shareholders on stock price changes; Effect of announcements on stock prices in the...
- Will the sharemarket boom or bust in 2015? Montgomery, Roger // Money (Australia Edition);Apr2015, Issue 177, p10
The article reports that the condition of the stock market in 2015 will continue to depend on earnings and the price that investors are willing to pay for earnings.
- Marketplace. // San Diego Business Journal;4/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p26
Presents a chart depicting public stocks of companies in San Diego, California as of April 16, 2004.