Deadline looms for design prize
- Slip-sliding away. Winter, Drew // Ward's Auto World;Nov94, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p58
Presents information on DuPont Automotive's family of nylon fabrics for automotive upholstery. Description; Comparison with conventional fabrics; Durability and performance.
- DuPont enters FR arena Giant targets bedding producers with family of products. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;12/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the strategic plans of furniture firm DuPont to offer fire-resistant products in Richmond, Virginia. Assurance of providing superior-performance characteristics; Totality of investment spent in research and development for the product; Commitment to respond the product demand of consumer.
- DuPont furniture awards attract a stronger entry and more competition. // Cabinet Maker;02/27/98, Issue 5077, p4
Reports on the 1998 DuPont/`House Beautiful' periodical Furniture Awards. Winning entries by Gascoigne Designs, Donald Butler and Windsor Antique Replica Furniture; Praises for the fabric matching of Straun; Prizes; Contest judges.
- Get DuPont entries in. // Cabinet Maker;01/08/99, Issue 5120, p5
Provides information about the 15th DuPont Furniture Awards. Categories; Prizes; Contact information.
- DuPont changes rules of its annual awards. // Cabinet Maker;01/16/98, Issue 5071, p4
Reports on the changes in E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co.'s annual upholstery Furniture Awards in Great Britain. Award categories; Contact information.
- SHOW BRIEFS. // Plastics News;6/30/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p9
The article offers news briefs related to the plastics industry. Rob Easton, director of design and development for High Point, North Carolina-based Davis Furniture Industries Inc. has said that at one point, designer Burkhard Vogtherr thought his new chair for Davis would have a wood-veneer...
- Painting Fabrics. Winter, Drew // Ward's Auto World;Aug2004 Supp Interiors, p12
Features Artistri 2020, a fabric printer developed by Michigan Industrial Trim and DuPont in 2004. Overview of the printing process; Car manufacturers that used the technology for the upholstery of their cars; Usage of the printing technology for several non-automotive products.
- QF Inds.' digital printing on fabric may be a U.S. first. Andrews, Susan M. // Furniture/Today;7/11/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 43, p77
Reports that fabric converter Q. F. Industries is offering digital printing capability to upholstery manufacturers shopping at the Showtime fabric fair in High Point, North Carolina. Variation of the prices according to the basecloth; Collaboration of the company with E. I. du Pont de Nemours &...
- ercol launches competition. // Cabinet Maker;9/25/2009, Issue 5656, p7
The article reports on the launch of contemporary, casual upholstery design competition by Ercol Furniture Ltd. in Buckinghamshire, England. It notes that the competition will give the winning entrant a monetary prize and have the design produced by the firm. It points out that design...