Store fears more flooding
- Norwich. // Cabinet Maker;7/8/2005, Issue 5446, p35
Features several furniture stores in Norwich, England. Type of furniture sold at Country & Eastern; Price ranges of outdoor furniture in wood and metal sold at Habitat; Selection of garden furniture sold at The Range.
- Three of a kind. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;7/18/2003, Issue 5347, p27
Discusses the sale of beds by British retailers. Budget beds sold by Sleep Experience in Luton; Andrew Price's ownership of World of Beds in Norwich; Classical bedroom furniture offered at Amazing Emporium in Cricklewood.
- Walker's to move in Valley. Stewart, Marc // Journal of Business (10756124);11/24/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 24, pA9
Reports that Spokane, Washington-based Walker's' Furniture Inc. will move its Spokane Valley store. Firm's plan to open a store in Walla Walla.
- Lane opens first dedicated store in U.S. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;7/28/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p33
Reports on Lane Home Furnishings' opening of a store in Tupelo, Mississippi. Company's pursuit of dedicated store growth in targeted market; Total number of stores expected to open in 2003 in the U.S.; Overview of the merchandise sold at Lane stores.
- Room for improvement on the shopfloor. // Cabinet Maker;9/23/2005, Issue 5457, p19
Comments on the display area at the mezzanine floor of Homebase Inc. stores in England. Lack of accessories; Importance of the improvement in its displays; Dissimilarity in the mixture of furniture products.
- Ikea remains king of hearts and purses. // Cabinet Maker;12/27/2002, Issue 5319, p5
Discusses consumer research conducted by 'Cabinet Maker' magazine in February 2002, which shows that Ikea is the biggest and most popular furniture retailer in Great Britain. Comparison with other retailers such as DFS, Courts and John Lewis; Percentage of consumers that prefer to shop at...
- Furniture shoppers favour stores they can trust. // Cabinet Maker;12/27/2002, Issue 5319, p9
Discusses consumer research conducted by 'Cabinet Maker' magazine in February 2002, regarding the reputation of furniture stores in Great Britain. Ways in which shoppers see furniture stores; Consumers' rating of stores on based on reputation, convenience of location and special offers. INSET:...
- Kent's new lifestyle. // Cabinet Maker;10/8/2004, Issue 5409, p5
Reports on the opening of the second Co-operative Homestore furniture store in Tunbridge Wells, England.
- Untitled. // Cabinet Maker;10/8/2004, Issue 5409, p5
Reports that British furniture store, Dreams, has exceeded the 100-store level. Earnings of the company for 2004; Number of jobs that will be created by the company through the opening of several stores.