Retailers see sales growth bounce back
- Stores enjoy upturn. // Cabinet Maker;3/4/2005, Issue 5428, p4
Reports on the financial performance of furniture and floorcoverings retailers in Great Britain for January 2005. Percentage of increase in overall sales; Improvement of spending from advertising; Changes in the levels of personal debt.
- May's sales growth looks set to continue. // Cabinet Maker;6/4/2004, Issue 5391, p4
Reports on the growth of sales in volume for furniture and floor covering retailers in Great Britain as of May 2004. Comparison of the month's sales increase with the previous month; Projected sales growth by June, 2004; Key drivers of consumer's willingness to spend.
- Sales growth continued in September. // Cabinet Maker;10/1/2004, Issue 5408, p3
The article reports on the trends of retail sales pattern of furniture and floor-coverings for September 2004. Furniture and floor coverings retailers saw another month of growth in September, although the rate slowed significantly. Retail stores reported an increase in sales volumes compared to...
- Rug execs look to re-energize business. Wyman, LIssa // Furniture/Today;12/25/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p50
The article reports that 2006 was a quiet year of the rug segment of the furniture industry in the United States. Retail sales was flat at $5.39 billion and creative products were not abundant. Profits and prices kept declining and even the best-selling neutral and brown color palettes...
- Furniture and floorcoverings slow in December. // Cabinet Maker;1/15/2010, Issue 5670, p19
The article presents a report from BRC-KPMG Retail Sales Monitor depicting a drop of sales of furniture and floor coverings in Great Britain last December 2009.
- DFS leads ad spend league. // Cabinet Maker;2/8/2002, Issue 5273, p2
Reports on consumer advertising activities of Great Britain's furniture and floorcovering retailers in 2001. INSET: 2001 Top 10 advertising furniture and floorcoverings retailers.
- Furniture sales grow year on year, but still remain tough. // Cabinet Maker;5/15/2009, Issue 5637, p5
The article reports on the sales growth achieved by the furniture industry since January 2008 to April 2009 in Great Britain. According to the BRC/KPMG Retail Sales Monitor, the industry showed first year-on-year growth but there is a need to measure the decrease in sales in April 2009. The...
- Which Retail Group Should I Join? Tyler, Warren // National Floor Trends;Jun2008, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p28
The article focuses on the importance of aligning with a retail group in relation to the flooring industry. According to the author, one of the advantages of being a group member is higher sales and gross profit compared with nonaligned stores. He suggests that the desire for stronger bargaining...
- Want to be great in 2008? Here are a few things to get you started. Callari, Annette // National Floor Trends;Jan2008, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p28
The article offers tips on sales and marketing in the floor coverings industry for 2008. It says that retailers can hold a private sale event wherein customers can enjoy savings or expand their operations by acquiring other businesses. The author recommends joining a local business group and...