- Analyze this! Allegrezza, Ray // Furniture/Today;12/29/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p2
Comments on the 2004 Retail Planning Guide of the periodical "Furniture/Today." Detailed look at furniture sales by market; Updates on sales prospects for key product categories in 2004; Periodical's partnership with Easy Analytic Software Inc. to preview data service.
- Retailers optimistic for '04. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;12/29/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p20
Reports on U.S. furniture retailers' optimism regarding industry performance in 2004. Use of novel strategies to attract consumers; Role of other distribution channels as threats to traditional furniture stores; Retailers' use of strengths such as service, selection and financing in order to...
- Beyond the Top 100. // Furniture/Today;12/29/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p57
Presents a listing of large independently owned and operated furniture stores in the United States. Inclusion of Dallas, Texas-based Cantoni; Farmingdale, New York-based All Wood Furniture; Livonia, Michigan-based Classic Interiors; Knoxville, Tennessee-based Bradens Fine Furniture.
- When you have to have itâ€¦. Treacy, Christopher John // Bay Windows;4/21/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 18, special section p24
Presents information on furniture stores. Ikea; Machine Age; Donzella; Jonathan Adler.
- Kent's new lifestyle. // Cabinet Maker;10/8/2004, Issue 5409, p5
Reports on the opening of the second Co-operative Homestore furniture store in Tunbridge Wells, England.
- Buying. Platt, Adam // New York;3/22/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p62
Recommends several stores and boutiques in New York City. Filaments for vintage lamps; Harvey Electronics for flat-screen TV; R 20th Century for vintage and modern furniture. INSETS: Just for Kicks.;Head-to-Toe Chic.;Crown Jewels.;Be Seated.
- Norwich. // Cabinet Maker;7/8/2005, Issue 5446, p35
Features several furniture stores in Norwich, England. Type of furniture sold at Country & Eastern; Price ranges of outdoor furniture in wood and metal sold at Habitat; Selection of garden furniture sold at The Range.
- Retailer likes Ashley concept. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;4/5/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p49
Reports on why furniture retailer Furniture Outlets USA wants to add more Ashley Furniture HomeStores. Increase in the retailer's average return on sales since the company opened its first Ashley store in 2001; Plan by Furniture Outlets to have ten Ashley stores open by the end of 2004; Growth...
- Three of a kind. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;7/18/2003, Issue 5347, p27
Discusses the sale of beds by British retailers. Budget beds sold by Sleep Experience in Luton; Andrew Price's ownership of World of Beds in Norwich; Classical bedroom furniture offered at Amazing Emporium in Cricklewood.