Winter sale blamed for DFS profits warning
- Fighting talk from Lord Kirkham after DFS dip. // Cabinet Maker;4/23/2004, Issue 5385, p5
Reports on the decline in the corporate profits of DFS Group Ltd. in Great Britain. Increase in competition within the furniture business; Turnover rates among sales staff; Delay in the business expansion.
- Retailers: DFS retains its top position on sales list. // Duty-Free News International;Aug2014, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p6
The article reports that DFS Group Ltd. achieved robust double-digit sales growth to an estimated 5.4 billion dollars for the full year and retained its position as the world's largest travel retailer.
- Act now before the opportunity is lost forever. // Cabinet Maker;10/22/99, Issue 5160, p7
Encourages furniture retailers in Scotland and Northern Ireland to examine their operations in the wake of the planned opening of DFS company stores. Praise for the company's 1999 financial performance; Revamp of the `Tom and Jilli' advertisements; Share of the British upholstery market.
- DFS: ready to take on the might of Scotland. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;05/05/2000, Issue 5186, p7
Focuses on DFS chairman Kord Kirkham's projection that the company's profits for the year 2000 will be the highest in its history.
- DFS growth races ahead. // Cabinet Maker;01/21/2000, Issue 5171, p3
Reports on the acceleration of sales growth at the furniture manufacturer DFS in the 23 weeks to January 6, 2000.
- DFS sees 3% winter growth. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;4/26/2002, Issue 5284, p3
Reports the increase in the sales of DFS over the winter period. Percentage of sales increase; Factors contributing to the increase in sales; Expansion plans.
- Asia boosts Q1 sales for DFS. // Duty-Free News International;May2014, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p16
The article offers information on the financial performance of the travel retailer DFS Group during the first quarter of 2014 which was supported by tourism development in Asia.
- RETAIL INTELLIGENCE. // Cabinet Maker;6/3/2005, Issue 5441, p24
Focuses on the sales performance of furniture retailers in Great Britain. Percentage of retailers with decline in bed furniture sales; Maintenance of bedroom cabinet sales by some retailers; Increase in the upholstery sales of some retailers.
- December ends on a high. // Cabinet Maker;1/13/2006, Issue 5471, p3
The article reports on the financial performance of furniture retailers in Great Britain in December 2005. The British Retail Consortium revealed that overall retail sales increased by 2.6 percent. The increase was attributed to bricks and mortar furniture retailers. Beds and sofas were...