Nine months jail for Courts' manager
- Herr Doktor. // Time;8/25/1952, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p27
The article focuses on the conviction of Philipp Auerbach, former head of the Jewish restitution office in Bavaria, Germany, for fraud and embezzlement in the Bavarian State Court in August 1952. He was saved from the gas chambers of the Nazi when he became the prison pest exterminator. Other...
- German Federal Court of Appeal [Ordinary Jurisdiction] (Bundesgerichtshof–BGH), 3rd Criminal Senate: Plea Bargaining; Defence Rights. Gaede, Karsten // Journal of Criminal Law;Apr2008, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p109
The article discusses a court case wherein the defendant who had been convicted on various count of embezzlement and fraud appealed to the 3rd Criminal Senate of Bundesgerichtshof (BGH) in Germany. The Presiding Judge claims that a confession will serve as a mitigating factor for the sentence...
- New role for Baumgart in reshuffle at Courts. // Cabinet Maker;9/10/2004, Issue 5405, p3
Reports on the management reorganization conducted by Courts with the appointment of Mireille Baumgart as director of strategy and design.
- Cohens' pay-offs total Â£956,000. // Cabinet Maker;9/10/2004, Issue 5405, p6
Reports on the 209,000 pounds pay-off received by Steven Cohen, former Courts marketing director, when he left the loss-making group in June 2004.
- Embezzler gives back money, sort of. // State Legislatures;Feb98, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p10
Reports on an embezzlement case in Portland, Oregon.
- Buck payroll manager guilty. // Business Insurance;8/19/96, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p2
Reports on developments in the embezzlement trial of Donna Moreno, former payroll manager at George B. Buck Consulting Actuaries Inc., a unit of Buck Consultants Inc. as of August 19, 1996. Facts of the case; November 1996 schedule for her sentencing; Estimated damages.
- NEW MEXICO. // Advocate;1/29/91, Issue 569, p21
Discusses a lawsuit filed by New Mexico AIDS Services which alleged that former director Maria Bautista-Lopez embezzled money from the group before she left the office.
- Bloch scam. // Crain's New York Business;04/14/97, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p46
Reports that three more associates of radio personality Irwin Sonny Block pleaded guilty to defrauding investors. Type of tips that are broadcast by Bloch; Number of Bloch's associates that have already pleaded guilty.
- Maxwell trial on. // Hollywood Reporter;6/1/95, Vol. 337 Issue 25, p3
Reports on the trial of the late Robert Maxwell's two sons and two associates in London, England for conspiracy in defrauding retirees of pension fund assets owned by Maxwell companies. Plea of not guilty entered by Ian Maxwell, Kevin Maxwell, Larry Trachtenberg and Robert H. Bunn.