Positioning is the question
- The world according to Soros. Riley II, Charles A. // WE Magazine;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p14
Profiles billionaire, George Soros. Information on Soros' organization called the Open Society Institute (OSI); How Soros has assisted persons with disabilities; Comments from Soros; Statements from Byron Wien, co-author and chief strategist at Morgan Stanley company; What caused Soros to start...
- Capitalists worrying about capitalism. Kuttner, Robert // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/3/97, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p10B
Pays tribute to George Soros, considered as the premier currency trader of the age. Soros' knack for making self-fulfilling prophecies for the currency market; Philanthropic activities of Soros; Soros' concerns over the untrammeled intensification of laissez-faire capitalism.
- Soros to the rescue, again. Waller, Douglas; Quinn-Judge, Paul // Time International (South Pacific Edition);11/03/97, Issue 44, p33
Focuses on the $500 million donation American financier George Soros will be giving to needy Russian health and education programs over the next three years. How the United States' reaction to the donation differed from that of Moscow's; Whether Soros' money will make a difference; How Moscow...
- George Soros. // U.S. News & World Report;11/9/92, Vol. 113 Issue 18, p25
Reports that George Soros, 62, the hugely successful Hungarian-born American financier who is one of the world's biggest currency speculators, reaped almost $1 billion in profits by betting that the British pound would collapse. The pound was devalued by 12 percent; His Quantum Fund NV scored...
- Foundation begins competition for survival grants to Russians. Pokrovsky, Vladimir // Nature;3/11/1993, Vol. 362 Issue 6416, p95
Reports that competition has begun for the first round of survival grants to scientists in the former Soviet Union (FSU), part of a pledge of $100 million from US financier George Soros to support science in the region. International Science Foundation; Details of requirements.
- Russia gets first batch of emergency grants. Pokrovsky, Vladimir // Nature;5/6/1993, Vol. 363 Issue 6424, p6
Reports that with 100 $500 grants already on their way to scientists working in Russia, the International Science Foundation (ISF) has taken the first step towards meetings its goal of helping to preserve research in the former Soviet Union. US financier George Soros, creator of the foundation;...
- $100 million pledged to support ex-Soviet science. // Nature;12/17/1992, Vol. 360 Issue 6405, p617
Reports that US philanthropist George Soros has pledged to spend $100 million on science in the former Soviet Union during the next several years. International Science Foundation for the Former Soviet Union; Existing efforts by ex-Soviet scientists; Preliminary plans of the project.
- A new world order. Pallarito, Karen // Waste News;11/10/97, Vol. 3 Issue 26, p29
Profiles financier and philanthropist George Soros, George Soros. Background information on Soros, who was born in Hungary, and moved to the United States in 1956; Examination of Soros' responsibilities as principal of Soros Fund Management LLC; Amount of money that he donated to public health...
- A friend from Wall Street. Dickman, S. // Nature;5/24/1990, Vol. 345 Issue 6273, p284
Reports that Hungarian expatriate George Soros is going to put up $25 million as seed money for a new English-language university in Prague, Czechoslovakia. Project is to go through Soros' New York-based Open Society Fund.