Peddar resigns after Furnitureland sale
- Big names and big games. // Cabinet Maker;1/7/2005, Issue 5420, p4
The article reports that one furniture company stood out for its impact on the retail sector in 2004--SB Capital Europe. The company began the year completing the acquisition of Furnitureland for about 3-4 million pound, beating off the attempted MBO by ChrisPeddar. It finished the year by...
- Merger mania returns with a vengeance. ADAMS, LARRY // Wood & Wood Products;Nov98, Vol. 103 Issue 12, p64
Presents information on the mergers and acquisitions in the cabinet industry of the United States. Major acquisitions in the industry; Factors which contributed to the increasing number of mergers and acquisitions in the industry.
- High-spending consumers boost profits at Headlam. // Home Furnishings;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p4
Informs of floorings and fabrics distributor, Headlam's, acquisition of MCD. Benefits of Headlam on the acquisition; Statistics on its pre-tax profits ending June 1997; Percentage increase on its earnings and dividends per share.
- McCreary Modern acquires Morganton Chair. // Furniture/Today;08/21/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p6
Reports on upholstery producer McCreary Modern's acquisition of Morganton Chair, a producer of medium-priced, exposed-wood accent and occasional chairs. Experience of McCreary executive Rick Coffey in managing operations with multi-plant furniture companies; Change of Morganton's brand name to...
- Steinhafels' Evans purchase moves it into bed making. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;2/11/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 23, p2
The article reports on the decision of Steinhafels, a Waukesha, Wisconsin-based furniture business, to enter the factory-direct bedding business after it acquired Evans Mattress and Furniture. According to president Gary Steinhafel, the move gives the company room to grow its bedding business...
- Ross offers to buy Cone Mills. // Furniture/Today;9/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p51
Reports that Cone Mills Corp., whose operations include decorative fabric division Cone Jacquards, has received a buy-out offer from takeover specialist W.L. Ross & Co., which would require Cone to file for voluntary Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the U.S. Efforts made by Cone to revitalize its...
- CIT aquires factoring assets from GE. // Furniture/Today;9/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p51
Reports that Livingston, New Jersey-based factoring services provider CIT Group Inc. has acquired a substantial portion of the U.S. factoring assets of its competitor GE Commercial Services. Active roles played by each company in the furniture industry; Terms of the acquisition; Scope of the...
- Dreams in deal for Bensons? // Cabinet Maker;11/5/2004, Issue 5413, p3
Reports that Dreams and Homestyle are closed to completing a deal for Homestyle's bed division, Bensons Bed, The Bed Shed and Sleepmasters.
- Thorns takes over Camden. // Marketing Event;Jul/Aug2001, p10
Reports on the acquisition of Camden Furniture by Thorns Furniture and Catering Hire. Appointment of Graham Langley-Jones and Bernadeth Hammersley to head Camden; Objective of the acquisition; Benefit of the deal.