The expanding Role of DDC Systems in the HVAC Commissioning Process
- Plan now for the business of tomorrow: Home automation. W.J. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/16/94, Vol. 192 Issue 3, p16
Editorial. Urges heating, ventilation and air conditioning contractors to focus on home automation. `Home Intelligence' magazine's discussion of home automation; Relationship between contractors and customers; Life-improvement products.
- The Role of DDC in Commissioning. Santos, J. Jay // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Mar2004, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p9
Discusses the expansion in the application of direct-digital control (DDC) system in the heating, ventilation and air conditioning industry commissioning process. Importance of the use of DDC-system graphics to the current control-loop-subsystem performance; Trending features for DDC system...
- DDC master planning. Santos, Jay // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Apr2008, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p40
The article discusses the factors that should be considered when designing direct digital control (DDC) for heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. Those factors include the architecture of the system, the DDC hardware controllers to be used and the interfaces of DDC system....
- Package Unit Market Embracing the Information Age. Bauman, Erich // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/14/2010, Vol. 240 Issue 7, p21
The article focuses on the technical evolution in the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) units. It mentions that direct digital control (DDC) system enables information to be communicated to the contractor through a blinking light-emitting diode (LED) that pinpoints where an issue...
- Controls technology: Success not that complicated. Powell, Peter // Refrigeration Service & Contracting;Nov96, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p20
Part III. Focuses on controls technology as a means of building business by refrigeration and ventilation contractors. Customer relations; Need for simple, cost-saving controls; Technicians as salespeople. INSET: What's the buzz about BACnet?..
- The month in HVAC: travel plans and instructive typos. Beverly, Robert // Engineered Systems;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the trends in the heating and ventilation industry. Valuation of preventive maintenance; Development of building automation and controls; Emphasis on system integration.
- Reading, Writing, And BACnetÂ®. McGowan, Jack // ASHRAE Journal;Oct2004, Vol. 46 Issue 10, pS35
The article reports that Alamogordo Public Schools in New Mexico has made a major financial commitment to install the largest renewable energy HVAC system in the Southwestern U.S. Although geothermal heat pumps have been used for more than two decades, this project is unusual due to the...
- The 2009 Report on Manufacturing Automatic Controls and Regulators for Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, and Appliances: World Market Segmentation by City. Parker, Philip M. // City Segmentation Reports;1/11/2010, pN.PAG
A report that summarizes the economic potential for major cities in more than 200 countries around the globe for automatic controls and regulators for heating, air conditioning and refrigeration for the year 2009 is presented. It provides latent demand or potential industry earnings (PIE)...
- what's NEW. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/19/2004, Vol. 221 Issue 16, p8
Introduces products used in the air conditioning, heating and refrigeration industry, compiled as of April 19, 2004. TH132-A-024T thermostat from Aube Technologies; WaterWizard commercial steam-fired water heater from AERCO International; Model 2024 vibration switch for building automation...