Hide and sleep
- All MFI stores will offer Silentnight beds. // Cabinet Maker;04/02/99, Issue 5132, p2
Announces the plan of MFI to begin stocking Silentnight Group bed across Great Britain in April 1999, following a ten-week trial in Scotland.
- A question of quality. Bennewith, Jeremy // Cabinet Maker;06/02/2000, Issue 5190, p12
Focuses on the budget sector of the bed market in Great Britain. Definitions of budget bed; Forecast decline in the budget bed business as well as evolutionary changes as customers become more affluent; Features of budget beds offered by furniture manufacturers.
- Wild West still lives in specialty sleep arena. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;4/8/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p105
Introduces bedding products at the Specialty Sleep Expo in Chicago, Illinois. Image of comfort of conventional bedding; Line of advertisement on platform bed mattresses; Strategy of advertisement producers on comfortable products.
- Power beds still big at retail. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;09/11/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on the stable demand for grand-scale beds in the United States. Availability of so-called power beds at middle and upper price points; Strength of the bedroom category in several key cities; Resurgence of wall beds; Merchandising opportunities offered by power beds for retailers. ...
- Broad range of beds wins buyers applause. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;10/28/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p12
Reports on trends in metal and wood beds, futons and daybeds in the U.S. as of October 2002. New designs and features; Target markets.
- Bedding producers offer hot values. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;8/4/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 47, p19
The article reports on the blockbuster bedding market at the Las Vegas furniture market in Nevada. Bedding retailers found sharply priced and value-added lines galoes as well as some spectacular showroom presentations designed to inspire and entertain. Some of the bedding products launched at...
- Lie back and think of modern England. // Cabinet Maker;02/09/2001, Issue 5224, p17
Reports the changes happening to the bed market in Great Britain. Popularity of the bedstead sector; Physical innovations for modem-look beds; Launch of products mimicking selling points of the European styles in the Furniture show. INSET: Animal instincts and a change of pace.
- Topnotch. Pulling // Cabinet Maker;04/02/99, Issue 5132, p10
Provides an overview of the market for beds in Great Britain. Factors affecting public perception of beds; Efforts of retailers and manufacturers to market beds; Market trends; Tips for 1999.
- Moving with the times. // Cabinet Maker;11/10/2000, Issue 5213, p12
Reports on the growing popularity of adjustable beds among consumers in Great Britain. Factors driving the trend; Increase in adjustables' share of the bed market; Lifestyle issues considered by manufacturers of adjustable beds; Quality lessons for consumers.