- Upholstery: Few bright spots. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;12/25/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p33
The article reports on the performance of the upholstery segment of the furniture industry in the U.S. for 2006. Sales for stationary sofas and chairs in 2006 are estimated at $13.45 billion, compared to the Katrina-devastated year of 2005 in which sales was $11.77 billion. Nevertheless, many...
- Leather category treacling water. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;12/25/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p36
The article reports that while the leather upholstery category of the furniture industry in the U.S. was challenged by competition from imports, changes in pricing and executive changes, some remain optimistic. Retail sales were estimated at $6.53 billion in 2006, maintaining its 26 percent...
- Ameriwood helps Dorel in 1Q; profit down 20%. // Furniture/Today;5/25/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p70
The article reports on the 20% decrease in profit for furniture retailer Dorel Industries Inc. from January to March 2009. Results of the company assessment of its sales revealed a remarkable decrease in its financial performance. However, Dorel is fortunate enough to have a good sales with its...
- Expansion plan pays off as Dreams sales top Â£55m. // Cabinet Maker;1/30/2004, Issue 5373, p8
Focuses on the financial performance of bed chain Dreams in England. Increase in sales; Percentage increase of operating profit; Expansion of the company.
- DMI purchase fuels Flexsteel sales gain. // Furniture/Today;10/25/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p83
Reports on the financial performance of furniture maker Flexsteel based on the company's financial statements for the fiscal first quarter ending September 30, 2004. Increase of corporate sales; Comparison of the financial results between 2003 and 2004; Net income trends; Performance of...
- All in a Knight's work. O'Brien, Liam // Cabinet Maker;8/16/2002, Issue 5300, p10
Reports on the agenda of David Knight as he assumes the position of chairman of the Long Eaton Guild, a group of upmarket upholstery manufacturers clustered around the Long Eaton area of Nottingham, England. Aim to strengthen the market for top-quality British upholstery manufacturers;...
- Tupelo show generates orders. Evans, Gary; Allegrezza, Ray; Combs, Heath // Furniture/Today;2/2/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the Tupelo Furniture Market in Tupelo, Mississippi in January, 2009. The market was considered to be very successful for furniture dealers. Danny Davis, sales manager of Collums Furniture, an upholstery company, said many companies arrived at the show before it officially...
- Upholstery makers moving to spur sales in though climate. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;8/26/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p27
Reports that sales of upholstery are steady despite of a tough economy in Tupelo, Mississippi. Sharp pricing of upholstery; Manufacturers' creation of creative economic antidotes; Consumer behavior.
- Mapping out a future. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/5/2003, Issue 5367, p9
Focuses on the financial performance of furniture company ScS Co. in Europe. Profit warnings; Decline of the company's share price; Declivity of ScS's value.