Merger for The Iron Bed Company
- You've made your bed. Now lie in it. Keelan, Emma // Accountancy;May2000, Vol. 125 Issue 1281, p34
This article interviews Anne Notley, co-founder of the Iron Bed Co. of Great Britain. Notley, according to the author, left the safety of a legal career for the uncertain world of running her own business. Notley and her husband, Simon, got the idea for designing and manufacturing quality metal...
- The Pantry purchases 53 stores, Food Chief. // National Petroleum News;Aug99, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p8
Reports the purchase of the Depot Food Stores of R&H Maxxon Inc. and Food Chief of Dilmar Oil Co. by Pantry Inc. in the United States. Impact of purchase on the position of Pantry in the chain stores marketplace; Generated sales of Depot Foods from June 1998 to May 1999; Number of stores...
- Undercover in St Albans. // Cabinet Maker;4/9/2004, Issue 5383, p11
Features furniture showrooms in Hertfordshire, England. Evaluation of the store presentation of Woods & Woods; Accounts on the experience of the author visiting the showrooms; Interior design of the Iron Bed Company.
- Iron Bed aims to boost presence in U.S. market. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;1/29/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p82
The article reports on the intention of Iron Bed Co., a midpriced to high-end designer of metal beds, to boost its presence in the U.S. marketplace. The company is selling its line of products at three company-owned stores in Atlanta, Dallas, and Corona del Mar, California. Likewise, Iron Bed...
- Smallbone buys MWF. // Cabinet Maker;6/24/2005, Issue 5444, p6
Reports that Charles Smallbone and Mark Wilkinson are to be reunited in business 25 years after they founded fitted furniture retailer Smallbone, following the purchase of Mark Wilkinson Furniture (MWF). MWF to continue to run as a separate company by Mark and Cynthia Wilkinson, who have joined...
- United buys, renames Kiss Furniture. // Furniture/Today;8/5/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p4
Reports the acquisition of upholstery producer United Furniture Inds. for North Carolina-based Kiss Furniture in the U.S. Views about the renamed Worthington House, a subsidiary of United Hughes; Capability of the parent company to branch into price points; Solidification of position in eastern U.S.
- Hardware sources Trendler, TCI merge. // Furniture/Today;8/5/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p20
Reports on the merging of hardware and furniture manufacturer, Trendler and parts importer, TCI & Associates. Decision of TCI founder, Stefan Gfesser to join Trendler; Background of Gfesser on sales and marketing; Complement of TCI to Trendler.
- Deanes assets sold. // Cabinet Maker;07/16/99, Issue 5146, p1
Reports the acquisition of the assets of furniture maker Deanes by furniture group Ofquest.
- Blaney team seals ...2m MBO at Peter Guild. Kidd // Cabinet Maker;10/08/99, Issue 5158, p1
Reports that upholstery manufacturer Peter Guild has been acquired by its management team headed by Roger Blaney.