- 2000: stability among the exits. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;01/05/2001, Issue 5219, p5
Provides statistics on the price index for the furniture industry in Great Britain in 2000. Percentage of earnings loss incurred by the industry; Acquisition of Harveys by Rosebys; Management buyout of Limelight; Liquidation of Homeplace and Uno; Profits warning and management problems suffered...
- Industry profits take nosedive. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;10/7/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p33
Reports on findings of the 'Furniture/Today's annual analysis of publicly held companies, with emphasis on the furniture industry in the United States. Factors attributed to the industry's financial problems in 2001; Financial performance of companies with fiscal years ended Between November...
- Scorecard methodology. // Furniture/Today;10/7/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p33
Discusses the methodology used in the 2002 edition of the 'Furniture/Today's annual scorecard. Computation of data by Senior Research Specialist Janice Chamblerlain and Database Coordinator Cynthia Myers.
- Results var for 4 with June year; Valspar sales, profits increase. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;10/7/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p36
Provides an overview on the financial performance of several furniture retailers for the fiscal year ending June 2002. Increase in earnings for manufacturer-retailer Ethan Allen; Earnings for upholstery market Flexsteel; Decline in earnings for components supplier Knape & Vogt; Net loss of...
- Furniture/Today's annual scorecard. // Furniture/Today;10/7/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p32
Presents data reflecting the financial performance of furniture retailers, manufacturers and suppliers in the United States. Pier 1 Imports; Haverty Furniture; Cost Plus; Restoration Hardware; La-Z-Boy; Furniture Brands International.
- Share movements at a glance. // Cabinet Maker;05/29/98, Issue 5090, p5
Presents data on share prices of furniture retailers and manufacturers in Great Britain, compiled as of May 22, 1998. Company name; High; Low; Change over fortnight; Change since January 1998; Market capitalization.
- DFS drops again. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;05/29/98, Issue 5090, p5
Discusses the share price movements for furniture retailers and manufacturers in Great Britain as of May 22, 1998. Includes the decline in the value of DFS; Improvements in Magnet's operating profits; Performance of Marks & Spencer's; Impact of trading statement for March on Airsprung's numbers.
- FURNITURE STOCKS LAST WEEK. // Furniture/Today;01/29/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p51
Presents charts showing the stock prices of furniture companies traded on the American stock exchanges during the five days ended January 25, 2001. Suppliers; Retailers; Manufacturers; Multiproduct companies.
- Retailers floored by poor trade. // Cabinet Maker;11/9/2001, Issue 5263, p5
Reports the poor sales performance in October 2001 of furniture and carpet retailers in Great Britain. Comparison of annual sales in September and October 2001; Rate of decline in balance sales; Presentation of Great Britain economy performance for three quarters of 2001.