Furnitureland still waiting for a decision
- Tide turns in favour of New Year's Day opening. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;12/03/99, Issue 5166, p4
Reports that the furniture stores of Furnitureland, Uno and Harveys will be open on January 1, 2000.
- New owner for Peter Guild. // Cabinet Maker;10/21/2005, Issue 5461, p5
Focuses on the decision of Airsprung Beds to sell its fabric upholstery arm Peter Guild to the management in Great Britain. Terms and provisions of the management buyout deal; Thoughts of company executives regarding the deal.
- Decision imminent on Furnitureland's future. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;1/23/2004, Issue 5372, p3
Reports on the management buyout of store chain Furnitureland Inc. Financial terms of the management buyout; Installation of new management; Terms of the buyout.
- Selling out for the right price. Walters, Kath // BRW;09/10/99, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p22
Discusses exit strategies for private companies in Australia. Includes sale of the business; Management buyout (MBO), in which managers employed by the business buys it from the owner; Trade sale, selling to another company within the industry; Benefits and drawbacks of the strategies.
- Land of Leather goes into administration. Clews, Mary-Louise // Marketing Week;1/8/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p60
The article presents information on the furniture retailer company Land of Leather Ltd., which is being placed in administration. The stock market trading suspension led to the situation. In October 2008, the company's profit dropped by 16.2 million pounds. It is stated that the credit crunch...
- Mystery Shopper: Manchester. // Cabinet Maker;4/5/2002, Issue 5281, p10
Presents a chart depicting an evaluation of the customer relations in several furniture stores in Manchester, England. Announcement of the victory of the Furnitureland; Observations of the services to customers; Presentation of the stores visited.
- Landmark boss scotches Furnitureland rumour. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;02/05/99, Issue 5124, p3
Reports on the statement by Malcolm Parkinson, chief executive of British furniture firm Landmark, that the firm has no plan to buy Furnitureland. Purchase of Furnitureland in January 1998 by Steven Boler who died in November 1998; Store expansion.
- Buyers sought. // Cabinet Maker;04/02/99, Issue 5132, p2
Reports on the sale of bedroom furniture and kitchen maker Scottwood and wardrobe systems form Heritage Bedrooms after parent Full Circle Industries went into administration.
- New owner for rolf benz. // Cabinet Maker;01/15/99, Issue 5121, p4
Reports on Welle's sale of its German furniture firm Rolf Benz to fellow German group Hultsa.