Woodworking book up for grabs
- Techniques how the how-to has changed. Sommers, Charles // Woodworker's Journal;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p10
Highlights the changes in the woodworking industry from 1976 to 1996 as reported in the periodical `Woodworker's Journal.' Development of power tools; Replacement of hand tools by machines; Advantage of the many innovations of the last two decades; Skills and technology that emerged during the...
- Coming events. // Wood & Wood Products;May93, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p33
Lists scheduled events in the woodworking industry from June to October, 1993. Trade shows; Association meetings.
- Eight companies win advertising and promotion awards. // Wood & Wood Products;Nov93, Vol. 98 Issue 12, p17
Reports that eight companies were the recipient of the Second Biennial Association of Woodworking and Furnishings Suppliers (AWFS) Sequoia Awards for excellence in industry advertising and promotion for 1993. Where the winning entries were displayed; Winning companies.
- Business roundup. // Wood & Wood Products;Nov93, Vol. 98 Issue 12, p134
Reports on the activities and developments in the woodworking products industry. Accu-Router Incorporated's acquisition of the Router division of Timesavers Incorporated; Unique Machine and Tool company's acquisition of a new plant; New South Incorporated's plan to open a new plant; Laminations...
- Where are we now? Metz, Jerry // Wood & Wood Products;Nov93, Vol. 98 Issue 12, p20
Answers problems and complaints on various categories of the woodworking industry. Lumber problems still the top concern; Fewer machining problems; Plywood fields most improved; Better quality furniture on the rise; Wood finishing problems; Marketing problems on the rise; Problems with streaks...
- Business roundup. // Wood & Wood Products;Feb94, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p112
Reports on developments in the woodworking industry. Reorganization of Schelling Co.; Imola, Italy-based Cefla's purchase of stocks from Sorbini; Leitz Tooling Systems Inc.'s manufacturing plant expansion; Exclusive distributor of IIDA Kogyo Co. Ltd.'s thru feed molders; Profiles Co.'s...
- What makes a good foreman. Metz, Jerry // Wood & Wood Products;Feb94, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p18
Presents a question-and-answer advisory on matters concerning the woodworking industry. Qualities of a good foreman; Foreman incentive plan; Answers to questions.
- What makes a good sales manager? Metz, Jerry // Wood & Wood Products;Mar94, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p18
Presents information on questions and answers regarding the woodworking industry. Qualities of a good sales manager; Opinion on plant layouts; Hiring tips for a top designer; Finishing advice; Problems on industrial doors.
- Abrasive materials & sanding equipment. // Wood & Wood Products;Mar94, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p95
Presents a list of woodworking abrasive materials and sanding equipment manufacturers in the United States. Includes abrasive belt cleaners; Abrasive belt cleaning systems; Abrasive belt dressers; Abrasive belt splicers; Abrasive-mineral; Abrasive wheels; Coated abrasives; Belt idlers; Sanding...