- Making sustainable development a reality. Corbey, Doretta // PPI: Pulp & Paper International;Nov2002, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p3
Focuses on the proposed revision of the European packaging and packaging waste directive. Environmental effect of the directive; Defensive reactions from the paper and pulp industry.
- Manufacturers carry the can. Dunn, John // Professional Engineering;09/03/97, Vol. 10 Issue 16, p19
Discusses the implications for British manufacturers of the Producer Responsibility Obligations (Packaging Waste) Regulations 1997 aimed at ensuring the recovery and recycling of more packaging waste. Mandatory percentage of packaging waste handled by manufacturers; Complexity of rules for...
- Calif. C&D waste stream garners attention. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;08/31/98, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p4
Comments on the efforts of San Jose, California officials at finding alternatives for increasing the recycling of construction and demolition debris, for approval by the City Council. Evaluation of a advance processing fee; Assessment of subsidized tipping fees and a mandatory recycling plan.
- The state of garbage in America. Steutville, Robert // BioCycle;May95, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p30
Part II. Focuses on the reduction of state recycling and solid waste management programs throughout the United States. Problems regarding state budgets; Decrease in the number of legislation promoting recycling and waste reduction between 1994 and 1995; Transfer of funds for recycling and waste...
- New EPA/USDA agreement on reuse of by-products. // BioCycle;Sep96, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p12
Reports on an agreement between the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Department of Agricultural to develop a cooperative effort to promote the holistic management of recyclable organic and inorganic resources. Includes safe storage of biosolids; Stressed on development of products.
- How food residuals recycling will work in 1997. // BioCycle;Nov96, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p23
Provides information on City Ordinance 96-20 that requires large restaurants, grocery stores, hotels, hospitals, food courts and manufacturers and processors in Honolulu, Hawaii to recycle food residuals. Food waste generation rates in businesses in both city and county of Honolulu; Recycling...
- Deja vu. // Common Cause Magazine;Fall92, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p4
Reports that a 1990 Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) study on government policies that may create incentives for industries to continue using virgin materials has yet to be released. How subsidies and tax provisions make virgin materials seem less expensive than recycled materials; Energy...
- Port Lavaca, Texas. // American City & County;Jan1994, Vol. 109 Issue 1, p14
Features the Lotto Garbage recycling incentive program of the city of Port Lavaca, Texas.
- Talking trash. Redfearn, Suzanne // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/7/94, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p3A
Reports on New Orleans Mayor Marc Morial's submission of operating budget which included a waste recycling proposal. Attaching of fee to monthly Sewerage and Water Board bills; Nannette Jolivette Brown, director of New Orleans's department of sanitation; Willingness of the public to pay for...