Tough & trendy
- Order-writing picks up in seating. // Furniture/Today;11/2/2009, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p12
The article reports on the sales performance of the upholstery industry. According to upholstery makers, the increase in number of order-writings was resulted by the buyer optimism. Meredith Younger of Younger Furniture notes that price is not always the priority of buyers but as well as look...
- Speaking of imports, here's how we figure it. Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;5/20/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p24
Comments on furniture imports in the U.S. Computation of percentage imports; Statistics on import furniture; Rise of domestic upholstery sales.
- Charnwood extends core collection. // Cabinet Maker;9/7/2001, Issue 5254, p5
Reports the launching of the Lavenham upholstery collection from Charnwood Co. Enhancement of the collection; Statement of director Philip Watkin on the collection; Availability of the Rochford collection.
- Leather producers hope SF sets positive trend for year. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;1/28/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p16
Reports the market potential of leather upholstery manufacturers in San Francisco, California. Popularity of leather upholsteries; Forecast of quarterly sales; Venture of furniture manufacturers into leather upholstery making.
- Upholstery is 39% of Q1 sales. m // Furniture/Today;4/18/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 31, p14
The article reports that upholstery including stationary sofas, recliners, and master bedroom are the most-purchased products based from eIntent through the portfolio of Grey Suit Retail on online retailers for the first quarter of 2011.
- Events, products and people that have caught our eye over the past week. // Cabinet Maker;2/11/2011, Issue 5724, p12
The article offers news briefs on furniture industry in Great Britain in 2011 including the boost of Furniture Village's green credentials of home delivery fleet, the appointment of a public relations company for Multiyork's upholstery range, and the opening of The Range's 50th superstore.
- Homelegance is unveiling Asian leather line at market. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;4/15/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p19
Reports the debut of a leather upholstery collection from Homelegance in the U.S. Use of Italian hides; Price of the collection; Inclusion of imports entertainment and occasional wood furniture.
- Charnwood's new focus. // Cabinet Maker;11/28/97, Issue 5066, p6
Announces Charnwood Upholstery's move to refocus its marketing strategy on retailer staff training, editorial coverage in home interest magazines and local advertising support instead of exhibitions.
- Faux suedes a real hit. Andrews, Susan M. // Furniture/Today;10/29/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p36
Reports the popularity of faux suedes upholstery fabrics for sale in the United States. Influx of lower-price imports of fabrics; Broad range of available colors of fabrics; Impression of women to the fabrics.