News in brief
- Millennium marks a year of takeovers, failures and floods. // Cabinet Maker;12/15/2000-12/22/2000, Issue 5218, p6
Presents major events in the British furniture industry in 2000. Industry mergers; Store openings; Sales promotion campaigns; Electronic commerce initiatives.
- FurnitureChannel.com buys competitor's assets. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;08/14/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p4
Reports on the acquisition of the assets of FurnitureShow.com by FurnitureChannel.com, a competing Internet business-to-business firm in the United States. Agreement on a percentage of future revenues; Disappointment of FurnitureShow founders on their failure to realize the company's potential;...
- Master Acquisition. // Dairy Field;Oct2001, Vol. 184 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the acquisition of Master Dairies Inc by ecFood division of ecIndustries. Construction of online purchasing for client companies; Implementation of e-commerce strategies to Master Dairies members; Mission toward the attainment of efficient and competitive pricing for goods and services.
- Merger to bring Polysort new e-commerce services. Loepp, Don // Crain's Cleveland Business;02/28/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p8
Announces the merger between Polysort Inc. and PolymerSite.com for online plastic resin sales in Cleveland, Ohio. Impact of the merger on electronic commerce services of Polysort; Role of electronic commerce on growth of Polysort; Ways to participate on the Web site; Features of the Web site.
- E-marketplaces come full circle. Karpinski, Richard // B to B;01/08/2001, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p23
Reports the status of electronic-marketplaces in the United States in the year 2000. Reactions of losing electronic-commerce marketplaces to the situation; Effects of industry-led hubs on independent marketers; Acquisitions and alliances in the sector; Projection of industry consortia impacting...
- Recovering markets and continuing consolidation. Booker, Ellis // B to B;4/8/2002, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the economic recovery and continuing consolidation of the electronic-marketplace in the U.S. Transformation of business processes; Consolidation and mergers among the boutique firms; Dispute on the proposed mergers between Hewlett-Packard and Compaq Computer Corp.
- Mellon, Macgregor Join TFM Concetrator Bandwagon. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;12/17/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 49, p6
Reports the plan of Mellon Trust Global Securities Services of straight-through processing on Transaction Flow Manager model. Connection of client and host on central matching; Provision of electronic trading extensions on electronic order, execution and post-trade; Impact of marketing network...
- 10 steps to e-commerce integration. StengerJr., Thomas M. // Materials Management in Health Care;Sep2000, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p34
Provides guidelines for electronic commerce integration in the United States. Development of the guidelines by the BJC Health Systems; Variables necessary for selecting an e-commerce partner; Factors affecting contract compliance; Importance of evaluating processes and technologies used by...
- Syntra on the Web. Hickey, Kathleen // Traffic World;7/19/99, Vol. 259 Issue 3, p39
Reports the consolidation of Syntra company with Manugistics company for economic commerce. Aim on the partnership of the two companies; Advantages of the collaboration to small shippers; Implication of the collaboration to the product market of the two companies.