UNIFIED COMBATANT COMMANDERS
- Tech-wars. // Marines;Mar96, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p16
Presents comments from Major General James Jones on the influence of amphibious vehicles' technological developments on the military readiness of the United States. Importance of harmonizing development technologies with warfighting techniques; Observations on the role of amphibious forces in...
- Unkindest Cut. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/9/2006, Vol. 165 Issue 14, p100
The article reports on the statement released by James Jones, North Atlantic Treaty Organization's supreme commander, that taking the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) out of the command loop was an unintended consequence of the 1986 Goldwater-Nichols Act that he would like to fix. The law...
- 'PERFECT PETE': A MARINE FIRST? Bedard, Paul // U.S. News & World Report;3/14/2005, Vol. 138 Issue 9, p6
The article focuses on U.S. Generals Peter Pace and James Jones, both Marine four-stars. It appears that Pace, the Joint Chiefs of Staff vice chairman, has the lead over Jones, the Europe supreme allied commander, to replace General Richard Myers. Insiders note that Pace, 59, has recently filled...
- Gen. Jones: I'm sorry for Jewish gag. // New Jersey Jewish News;4/1/2010, Vol. 64 Issue 13, p24
The article reports on the public apology of National Security Adviser James Jones for the Jewish joke he had spoken at a Middle East think-tank meeting.
- Jones to Visit, Lay Groundwork for Obama Trip. Jha, Lalit K. // India -- West;7/16/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 34, pA33
The article reports on the upcoming visit of U.S. National Security Adviser General James Jones to India to discuss strategic partnership and prepare the scheduled visit of President Barack Obama to the country.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Forms Energy Group. // American Gas;Jun2007, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p48
The article announces that James L. Jones was named president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the Institute for Energy in the U.S.
- Commandant Rejects Merger Of Local Bases. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;8/20/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p1
Reports the rejection of the merger between Marine Corps Recruit Depot Camp Pendleton bases in San Diego, California. Opposition of General James L. Jones to the merger; Reasons for the merger rejection; Role of Jones as commandant of the Marine Corps.
- GEN. JONES BECOMES 25TH HONORARY NAVAL AVIATOR. // Naval Aviation News;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p33
Reports that General James Jones has been designated Honorary Naval Aviator No. 25. Contributions to Navy and Marine Corps Aviation.
- Osprey Still Program of Choice, Says USMC Commandant Jones. Burgess, Richard R. // Sea Power;Apr2001, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p39
Emphasizes the support by United States Marine Corps Commandant General James L. Jones for the Bell-Boeing V-22 Osprey tiltrotor aircraft program. Why Jones supported the aircraft program; Investigation into the aircraft accident involving V-22 Osprey.