DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE
- Neocons Setting Up Rumsfeld as Iraq Fall Guy. Buchanan, Patrick J. // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Mar2005, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p26
The article reports that neoconservative writer Midge Decter sets out to explain just what it is about Donald Rumsfeld that has well-educated, sophisticated women swooning over him. In 1998, he signed William Kristol's open letter to President Bill Clinton calling for war on Iraq, three years...
- Promises, Not Presence. Kitfield, James // National Journal;4/3/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p1035
Elaborates on the Global Posture Realignment of U.S. military forces abroad launched by U.S. Department of Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. Evidence which highlighted the U.S. military's ill-preparedness for the war in Iraq; Comments from Douglas Feith, undersecretary of Defense for policy on...
- Defense Department Highlights Positives in Iraq. D'Agostino, Joseph A. // Human Events;9/15/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 31, p5
Reports on the positive developments in the U.S. occupation of Iraq cited by the U.S. Defense Department. Specific developments cited by Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld; Other positive improvements cited by Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz; Total number of U.S. soldiers in Iraq;...
- Dems Also Zero in on Wolfowitz. Conconi, Chuck // Washingtonian Magazine;Oct2003, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p11
Reports on the blame received by Paul Wolfowitz, deputy of the U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, for rosy predictions about Iraq by Congressional Democrats as of October 2003. Comments from Congressman David Obey of Wisconsin, on Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz; Remarks from Pennsylvania...
- Fault Lines: Inside Rumsfeld's Pentagon. Bacevich, Andrew J. // Boston Review;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p21
This essay discusses the books "War and Decision: Inside the Pentagon at the Dawn of the War on Terrorism" by Douglas J. Feith and "Wiser in Battle: A Soldier's Story" by Ricardo S. Sanchez. Both Feith and Sanchez for a time played an important role in America's Mesopotamian misadventure. Feith...
- Defense Department. Freedberg Jr., Sydney J.; Ellenburg, Jason; Wilson, George C.; Kitfield, James; Stone, Peter H. // National Journal;6/23/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p1923
Presents information on the officials and employees of the United States Defense Department. Donald Rumsfeld, secretary; Paul Wolfowitz, deputy secretary; Edward C. Aldridge Jr., undersecretary for acquisition, technology and logistics.
- Landmark Reforms. Zeller, Shawn // Government Executive;Dec2003, Vol. 35 Issue 17, p12
Legislation granting U.S. Department of Defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld authority to set up new rules governing hiring, pay and promotions of civilian employees swept through the House and Senate in early November 2003 as part of the fiscal 2004 Defense authorization bill. With the Homeland...
- Pentagon Analyzes Rumsfeld Approach. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/5/2001, Vol. 154 Issue 6, p41
Presents the advice of the Pentagon on how to deal with United States Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. Preference of Rumsfeld for concise briefings; Identification of objectives for the defense program.
- CEO RUMSFELD AND HIS PENTAGON INC. Wilson, George C. // National Journal;3/17/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p812
Examines the way Donald Rumsfeld will organize and manage the United States Department of Defense. Attitude of military officers toward Rumsfeld; How Rumsfeld reacted to demand for budget changes in the department.