COAST GUARD AIRCRAFT
- Around the Services. High, Gil // Soldiers;Aug2001, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p45
Presents an update on the United States Armed Forces as of August 2001. Information on the avionics modernization plan of the Air Force for the C-130 Hercules transport; Description of the Navy's X1 Nautilus which is exhibited at the Submarine Force Library and Museum in Groton, Connecticut;...
- COAST GUARD AIRCRAFT. // Sea Power;Jan2006, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p136
The article looks at the features and functions of the United States Coast Guard. The HC-130 Hercules is a long-range search-and-logistics turboprop aircraft which can transport up to 86 passengers, 50,000 pounds of cargo and large quantities of rescue/survival and oil pollution-control...
- COAST GUARD AIRCRAFT. // Sea Power;Jan2009, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p152
The article presents information on various aircrafts of the U.S. Coast Guard. The HC-130 Hercules is a long-range turboprop aircraft that is capable of transporting up to 86 passengers, 50,000 pounds of cargo, and large quantities of rescue and survival equipment. The HH-65/MH-65 Dolphin...
- Aviation Reassessment: Major Deepwater program changes prompt Coast Guard to rethink its mix of air assets. Munns, David // Sea Power;Nov2007, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p22
The article focuses on the Deepwater acquisition program of the U.S. Coast Guard. It relates that after the service has taken control of the 25-year, $24-billion program, it is reverting to stand-alone purchases of all assets, including aircraft, to modernize its fleet. It was taken into account...
- SPECIAL DELIVERY. // Practical Sailor;Jun2012, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p3
The article offers information on a pump part dropped by a U.S. Coast Guard C-130 airplane for the Coast Guard Cutter Eagle.
- A HUNTING WE WILL GO: Naval Air Tracks Drug Smugglers. Phillips, Josh // Naval Aviation News;Fall2012, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p26
The article offers information on the detection of the naval air to drug smugglers who use the Caribbean Sea and Central America as transit zones. It mentions that the U.S. Military, Coast Guard and other naval air assets are conducting detection and monitoring operations to control drug...
- EADS To Upgrade Coast Guard HH-65 Fleet. // Defense Daily International;11/4/2005, p3
This article reports on the sub contract awarded by Lockheed Martin to the American Eurocopter business unit of EADS North America to re-engine and upgrade the U.S. Coast Guard's HH Dolphin helicopter fleet under the integrated Deepwater System program as of November 2005. American Eurocopter...
- Coast Guard unveils new helicopter. McHale, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Jul2005, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p21
Reports that U.S. Coast Guard officials announced in 2005 the new HH-65C Dauphine helicopters at Coast Guard Air Station in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Key features and specifications; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on the defense industries.
- NAVY AIRCRAFT. // Sea Power;Jan2009, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p66
The article evaluates several naval aircrafts including the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet strike fighter, the C-130 Hercules aircraft, and the SH-60F Seahawk helicopter.