College Market Growth Slowed in 2003, Revenue up 3.6% over 2002
- In Tough Year, K-12 Industry Pulled Off Sales Increase of 2.5%. // Educational Marketer;2/9/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p2
Focuses on the revenue gain experienced by K-12 publishers in the U.S. in 2003. Total amount of net sales of basal textbook programs and supplementary materials; Factors contributing to the increase. INSET: U.S. K-12 Instructional Materials Sales, December and Year End....
- Executives See Slow Growth In 2003 School Market. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/16/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 50, p15
Relates the outlook of publishing company executives for the school market in 2003. Cause of the concerns of publishers; Profit expectation of McGraw-Hill Cos.; Basis of the optimism expressed by company executives.
- 2006 Outlook: Groundwork Laid In 2005 Will Help Shape PreK-12 And College Publishers Success In 2006. // Educational Marketer;1/9/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p1
The article talks about the challenges and the opportunity for growth of U.S. PreK-12 and college publishers in 2006. Industry experts have forecast that the adoption market opportunity will decline in 2006 due to a dip in the number of textbook adoptions. It also pointed that fiscal landscape...
- Partnerships & Acquisitions ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;1/16/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p8
The article reports that Columbus, Ohio-based handwriting textbook publisher Zaner-Bloser Educational Publishers has teamed-up with Portland, Oregon-based instructional software tools provider Inspiration Software Inc. to develop graphic organizer templates to support Zaner-Bloser's "Strategies...
- News Briefs... // Educational Marketer;01/10/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p9
Presents news briefs in the educational publishing industry as of January 10, 2000.
- News Briefs... // Educational Marketer;02/14/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p8
Presents update on the educational publishing industry as of February 14, 2000.
- Harcourt Comes Out On Top In Texas Adoptions; McGraw-Hill A Close Second; Pearson No. 3. // Educational Marketer;07/10/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p1
Presents information on the total sales of books for elementary science and secondary literature adopted by Texas in 2000 along with statistics on educational publishers.
- Financial Briefs... // Educational Marketer;08/07/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p8
Presents news briefs from the educational publishing industry in the United States as of August 7, 2000.
- Pearson Education Kept Its Spot At The Top In 1999 As Nation's Largest Educational Publisher. // Educational Marketer;10/09/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the top educational publishers in the United States for 1999.