Educ. Partnership Launches Web Site for School Achievement Data
- Join ISTE and NSTA for a Free Webinar Showcasing School 2.0. // NSTA Express;9/13/2010, p1
The article reviews the etoolkit website of the U.S. Department of Education.
- (FUNDING TIPS) DoEd Launches new Webpage for Drug-Free Schools Grants. // Children & Youth Funding Report;4/8/2011, p5
The article reviews the Web site safesupportiveschools.ed.gov launched by the U.S. Education Department.
- USDOE expands easy-access services. Dyrli, Odvard Egil // Curriculum Administrator;Jan1999, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the `Cross-Site Indexing Project' Web site offered by the United States Department of Education. How to do one-stop searches of government education sites and resources; How the department has expanded the power of the site.
- Critics Say Agency 'Pushing the Envelope' With School Prayer Guide. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;2/19/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p25
Reports on the appreciation of legal guidance from the U.S. Department of Education on constitutionally protected prayer in public schools by various religious conservatives. Opinions by various legal experts on these guidelines; Opinions of the general counsel of the new York state School...
- Uncle Sam's math books. Loveless, Tom // Christian Science Monitor;1/18/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 38, p11
Comments on the controversy surrounding the endorsement of math books/programs for public schools by the United States Department of Education.
- GRADING US EDUCATION. // Christian Science Monitor;6/12/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 140, p10
Discusses an evaluation of public school systems in the United States by the federal Department of Education.
- `The department serves as our conscience'. Beach, Mary Elizabeth // Education Week;3/27/96, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p42
Opinion. Comments on the relationship between the US Department of Education and the public school systems. Need to maintain their own independency; Need for regulations of documentation; Need to issue regulations to ensure equal access to education.
- Education: A Third World Republic. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;04/09/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p4
Comments on the United States Department of Education's failure of a third consecutive audit. Problems facing the department; Dispute over the function of the department; Deterioration in the quality of public schools.
- CPS Schools Get Blue Ribbon Award. // Chicago Weekend;9/12/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 36, p3
The article announces that Lane Tech High School and Jones College Prep High School in Chicago, Illinois are among the recipients of the U.S. Department of Education's National Blue Ribbon Schools award.