Competition Heats Up in Adoption States for Slices of Math Pie, the Largest Adoption Opportunity in '04
- The Learning Hustle. Luxenberg, Stan // New Republic;11/8/80, Vol. 183 Issue 19, p13
Focuses on the increase in sales of educational materials despite of declining enrollments in the schools in the U.S. Percentage of increase in sales of textbooks and educational materials every year; Profits from the sale of supplementary educational material; Correlation between increase in...
- In Tough Year, K-12 Industry Pulled Off Sales Increase of 2.5%. // Educational Marketer;2/9/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p2
Focuses on the revenue gain experienced by K-12 publishers in the U.S. in 2003. Total amount of net sales of basal textbook programs and supplementary materials; Factors contributing to the increase. INSET: U.S. K-12 Instructional Materials Sales, December and Year End....
- Only Weekly Reader Posts Increase as WRC Media Revenue Declines. // Educational Marketer;2/9/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p5
Analyzes the financial performance of New York City-based K-12 supplemental publisher WRC Media for 2003. Decline in revenue; Company's effort to pursue new financing to help it meet its financial expectations. INSET: WRC Media Financial Results(1) Year End, Ended Dec. 31, 2003 ....
- College Market Growth Slowed in 2003, Revenue up 3.6% over 2002. // Educational Marketer;2/9/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p8
Analyzes the slow growth in college publishing industry in the U.S. in 2003. Factors contributing to the slow growth; Sales outlook for year 2004. INSET: U.S. College Instructional Materials Sales, December and Year ....
- Adoption State Textbook Sales Fall In Feb.; Total YTD Sales Up 5.8%. // Educational Marketer;4/12/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the financial performance of K-12 publishers of textbooks in the U.S. in January and February 2003. Decline of the sales of 6-12 textbooks in the same period in adoption states; Increase of sales in non-adoption states;
- Job Cuts, Consolidation Continue, As K-12, College Publishers Strive To Improve Operating Performance. // Educational Marketer;4/19/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the improvement in operating performance among college publishers in the U.S. Reasons leading to the development of the industry; Overall performance rating among book publishers; Option of publishers to pursue job cuts and redeployment of staff to more crucial areas.
- Harcourt Leads In Potential Orders In 2004 Florida Math Adoption. // Educational Marketer;4/19/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p7
Reports on the indication of Harcourt Brace & Co. among book publishers to lead in orders for the 2004 Florida Math Adoption Show in Orlando, Florida. Report of school districts on titles they intend to purchase on the state Instruction Materials Reporting Web site; Strength of Harcourt in K-5...
- News Brief... // Educational Marketer;4/19/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p8
Reports development involving companies in the book publishing industry in the U.S. as of April 2004. Addition of math titles to the classroom reading program of National Geographic Society; Introduction of the second edition of Sounds Sensible, a pre-K-1 phonological awareness and beginning...
- U.S. K-12 Instructional Material Sales Climb 17.9% In May. // Educational Marketer;7/19/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 21, p7
Reports on the sales in the total basal textbook and supplemental sales of K-12 publishers in the U.S. Prognosis of a decline in industry sales for 2004; Increase of textbook sales; Description of sales of supplemental materials.