Penguin Names New Publisher of Puffin Books
- Kreit Named Puffin Publisher. // Publishers Weekly;2/9/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 6, p17
Reports on the appointment of Eileen Bishop Kreit, to take over as publisher of Puffin Books on February 23, 2004.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;05/15/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p8
Reports on developments concerning book publishers and publishing as of May 15, 2000. Key personnel changes at Penguin Group; Suzanne Baboneau's appointment as fiction publisher at Simon & Schuster in Great Britain.
- Pearson Expects Penguin Group to Post Modest Revenue Gains for 2003. // Book Publishing Report;12/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p3
Reports that London, England-based publisher Pearson is expecting its Penguin Group division to finish 2003 with a 1-2 percent increase in sales. Sales of the publisher in 2002; Strong second half front list sales of the company.
- Penguin Group To Form New Book Division. // Book Publishing Report;2/9/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p4
highlights Penguin Group's launching of a new division featuring "book-plus" products. Goal of the division to publish instant books within three months of the date of occurrence of the event.
- CLASSIC RETURNS. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;11/1/2002, Vol. 127 Issue 18, p134
Discusses reprinted editions of classic literature published by Penguin Classics. Merger of its several classics book lines into one imprint; Publication of several books in its 'Classics' series, which will begin in 2003; Publication of teachers' guides; Marketing strategy.
- Vital Viking Helps Drive Up Penguin Revenues, Profits In First Half of 2000. // Book Publishing Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the financial performance of book publisher Penguin Group during the first half of 2000. Increase in sales and operating profits; Aggressive use of the Internet as a channel for sales promotion; Increase in number of Penguin titles making the `New York Times' bestseller lists;...
- IN THE LOOP. . . // Book Publishing Report;5/5/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p2
Reports on the business expansion of Penguin Group USA. Ranking of the publishers based on its financial performance; Employment of Laureen Rowland; Investment in nonfiction imprint.
- THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;4/7/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p2
Lists top performing book publishers. Random House Inc.; Simon & Schuster Inc.; Penguin Group; HarperCollins Publishers.
- Pearson Takes Steps to Realize Goal of Company-Wide Integration. // Book Publishing Report;1/12/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p7
Reports that London, England-based book publishing and marketing firm, Pearson PLC has ordered its Penguin Group division to work more closely with its sister companies. Steps planned by Pearson in realizing its goal of company-wide integration.