Penguin Names New Publisher of Puffin Books
- Kreit Named Puffin Publisher. // Publishers Weekly;2/9/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 6, p17
Reports on the appointment of Eileen Bishop Kreit, to take over as publisher of Puffin Books on February 23, 2004.
- CLASSIC RETURNS. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;11/1/2002, Vol. 127 Issue 18, p134
Discusses reprinted editions of classic literature published by Penguin Classics. Merger of its several classics book lines into one imprint; Publication of several books in its 'Classics' series, which will begin in 2003; Publication of teachers' guides; Marketing strategy.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;05/15/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p8
Reports on developments concerning book publishers and publishing as of May 15, 2000. Key personnel changes at Penguin Group; Suzanne Baboneau's appointment as fiction publisher at Simon & Schuster in Great Britain.
- Pearson Expects Penguin Group to Post Modest Revenue Gains for 2003. // Book Publishing Report;12/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p3
Reports that London, England-based publisher Pearson is expecting its Penguin Group division to finish 2003 with a 1-2 percent increase in sales. Sales of the publisher in 2002; Strong second half front list sales of the company.
- Penguin Group To Form New Book Division. // Book Publishing Report;2/9/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p4
highlights Penguin Group's launching of a new division featuring "book-plus" products. Goal of the division to publish instant books within three months of the date of occurrence of the event.
- Vital Viking Helps Drive Up Penguin Revenues, Profits In First Half of 2000. // Book Publishing Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the financial performance of book publisher Penguin Group during the first half of 2000. Increase in sales and operating profits; Aggressive use of the Internet as a channel for sales promotion; Increase in number of Penguin titles making the `New York Times' bestseller lists;...
- IN THE LOOP. . . // Book Publishing Report;5/5/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p2
Reports on the business expansion of Penguin Group USA. Ranking of the publishers based on its financial performance; Employment of Laureen Rowland; Investment in nonfiction imprint.
- First Half Mostly Kind to Leading Publishers; Frontlist in Focus. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2007, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p7
The article reports on the improvement in the financial performance of book publishers in the first quarter of 2007. Harlequin Inc. claims that its revenue grew to $228.2 million and $31.2 million in operating profit from series books sales. HarperCollins Publishers Inc. reported a revenue of...
- THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;4/7/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p2
Lists top performing book publishers. Random House Inc.; Simon & Schuster Inc.; Penguin Group; HarperCollins Publishers.