Penguin Group To Form New Book Division
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;05/15/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p8
Reports on developments concerning book publishers and publishing as of May 15, 2000. Key personnel changes at Penguin Group; Suzanne Baboneau's appointment as fiction publisher at Simon & Schuster in Great Britain.
- Pearson Expects Penguin Group to Post Modest Revenue Gains for 2003. // Book Publishing Report;12/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p3
Reports that London, England-based publisher Pearson is expecting its Penguin Group division to finish 2003 with a 1-2 percent increase in sales. Sales of the publisher in 2002; Strong second half front list sales of the company.
- Penguin Names New Publisher of Puffin Books. // Book Publishing Report;2/9/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p6
Reveals that New York-based Penguin Group has named Eileen Bishop Kreit vice president and publisher of its Puffin Books imprint. Previous position held.
- CLASSIC RETURNS. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;11/1/2002, Vol. 127 Issue 18, p134
Discusses reprinted editions of classic literature published by Penguin Classics. Merger of its several classics book lines into one imprint; Publication of several books in its 'Classics' series, which will begin in 2003; Publication of teachers' guides; Marketing strategy.
- Gotham Hopes For Home Run With Cal Ripkin Books. // Book Publishing Report;3/7/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p4
Reports that Penguin Group imprint Gotham Books has acquired three books by baseball legend Cal Ripkin Jr. to be published by Penguin Group's children's imprint Hilomel Books; Acquisition of the world rights for all three books fro Scott Waxman of The Waxman Literary Agency; Release of the first...
- Penguin Praise Plans to Broaden Religious Book Audience. // Book Publishing Report;4/10/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p2
The article reports on the establishment of a new Christian book publishing program Penguin Praise by Penguin Group in New York. It is aimed at publishing Christian literature to attract larger audience. Publishing director Joel Fotinos said that Penguin desired to spread its religious titles...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;7/29/2013, Vol. 260 Issue 30, p6
News briefs on publishing and the book industry are presented. In its final financial statement prior to its merger with Random House, Penguin Group reported a 27 percent increase in corporate profits. Total revenue at electronic commerce firm Amazon.com rose 22 percent in the second quarter of...
- Trade Houses Find Better Reception. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/10/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 36, p12
The article highlights the 14th annual Beijing International Book Fair held in China in 2007. The price and piracy issues surrounding China did not influence the outcome of the event as depicted in the number of U.S. publishers who attended it. At the event, HarperCollins forged two partnership...
- First Half Mostly Kind to Leading Publishers; Frontlist in Focus. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2007, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p7
The article reports on the improvement in the financial performance of book publishers in the first quarter of 2007. Harlequin Inc. claims that its revenue grew to $228.2 million and $31.2 million in operating profit from series books sales. HarperCollins Publishers Inc. reported a revenue of...