Life on The Floor
- Big Board Specialists Warm to Arca. Chapman, Peter // Traders Magazine;Jul2006, Vol. 19 Issue 255, p64
The article reports on the strong interest of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) Big Board specialists on Arca platform, an electronic market system. Accordingly, Big Board specialists are considering the idea of shifting to NYSE Arca platform and SIG Specialists Inc. who agreed to support the...
- Another Smart Order Routing Contender. Chapman, Peter // Traders Magazine;Jul2001, Vol. 14 Issue 184, p22
Reports that the LaBranche company plans to compete with stockbrokers and dealers in offering direct access to market centers. Information on the execution process of the company; Details on the technology used by the company in accessing the New York Stock Exchange; Factors contributing to the...
- NYSE Crossing. // Traders Magazine;Nov2002, Vol. 15 Issue 204, p8
Reports on the development of the VIA-NET crossing system by floor brokers at the New York Stock Exchange. Competitor Linx system developed by LaBranche and Co.; Speculation on reason behind the development of the VIA-NET system.
- The making of an Ultra-Specialist. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Oct99, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p17
Announces the enlistment of LaBranche & Co. in the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) in August 1999. Information on other specialists firms in the NYSE.
- Specialists Feel the Squeeze At New York Stock Exchange. // Traders Magazine;Jul2004, Vol. 17 Issue 228, p20
Reports that a decline in volume on the New York Stock Exchange has resulted in a group of specialist firms performing poorly as trading on the exchange has slowed. Average volume on the Big Board in the first half of June 2004; Percentage decline in specialist LaBranche & Co. Inc.'s realization...
- NYSE Specialist Sees Light at the End of the Tunnel. Chapman, Peter // Traders Magazine;Feb2008, Vol. 21 Issue 277, p12
The article focuses on the announcement of LaBranche & Co. Inc., a New York Stock (NYSE) specialist firm that it will not be taking part in a strategic deal with another business firm presently. According to the author, the company's decision was due to the current situation at the NYSE and the...
- NYSE, LaBranche Clash Over E-Mail. Clary, Isabelle // Securities Industry News;7/28/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p15
Reports on a controversy between the New York Stock Exchange and leading specialist firm LaBranche & Co. regarding refusal of the company to produce personal electronic mails from its employees. Threat of the NYSE to the company; Possibility for violations of 'negative obligations' by the...
- Word For Word. // Traders Magazine;Mar2008, Vol. 21 Issue 278, p16
The article presents the author's view concerning the possible outcome of trading at the Big Board. The author offers his views concerning the future of trading and he enumerates the excerpts including the procurement of Amex by the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), the acquisition of Van der...
- Market Maker to Persevere. // Traders Magazine;Feb2011, Vol. 24 Issue 319, p37
The article reports on the move of LaBranche & Co. Inc. in stopping making markets in equity options on three exchange floors but promises to return as an electronic market maker in the U.S.