Energy Companies At the Crossroads
- Creditors, Companies And Banks Spar Over DIPs. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;3/2/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p15
The article reports on the dispute between LyondellBasell, the banks arranging its debtor-in-possession (DIP) and its unsecured creditors. Disputes between companies and their creditors concerning the issue of how bankrupt companies plan to use DIP loans were said to be prevalent in the U.S. The...
- Late to The Party. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/6/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 38, p8
Reports that the Dutch bank ABN Amro NV and the investment bank Blaylock & Partners LP want to enter the U.S. junk bond market. Concerns that they might be enough business for them; Drawbacks of entering the industry at such late a stage; Entry strategies suggested in light of business conditions.
- ABN Amro shifts trading to Chicago. // American Banker;9/27/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 185, p5
Reports on ABN Amro Holding's shifting of its North American treasury and trading operations to Chicago, Illinois from New York City. Plans of expanding operations.
- Buyout completed amid suit. Cantwell, Julie // Crain's Detroit Business;05/05/97, Vol. 13 Issue 18, p31
Presents information on the completion of ABN AMRO N.V's acqusition of Standard Federal Bancorp. Reference made to the calls by James Elsman, not to pursue the bid while his lawsuit is pending.
- A new chapter opens. Dunkley, Clare // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/6/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 32, p26
Focuses on the approval of a sector law which mandates the comprehensive privatization of the Oman government's power assets. Opinion on the privatization of state-provided services in Oman; Debate on the reappointment of the government's advisory team led by ABN Amro; Details of the terms and...
- ABN Amro Says Web Will Anchor Its Expansion. COSTANZO, CHRIS // American Banker;12/9/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 235, p16
Reports on Netherlands-based multinational banking giant ABN Amro's move to rely on the Internet as it expands into United States areas. Reason for the move; Key to the firm's execution of the strategy; Strategy used by the firm to ensure that the Internet gets deployed effectively throughout...
- ABN Amro: Not Looking for Big U.S. Deal. // American Banker;11/3/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 211, p31
States that ABN Amro Holding NV does not have plans to expand in the U.S. Banks the Dutch company owns in the U.S.; Outlook for ABN to drop millions in income from its mortgage business, according to executive Tom de Swaan.
- KeyCorp Taps Amro for Trade Processing. MARJANOVIC, STEVEN // American Banker;5/25/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 101, p12
Reports that ABN Amro Holdings NV and KeyCorp have agreed to combine their international trade processing systems in a technology relationship. Terms under the deal; Reasons why KeyCorp chose ABN Amro as its technology partner.
- Dabur gets $8m loan for its UK anti-cancer unit. Desai, Suresh Thakur // Chemical Business;Oct99, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p38
Reports that ABN Amro has sanctioned a loan to finance Dabur India Limited's anti-cancer unit in Great Britain. Arranger of the loan; Cost of the facility.