Fear and Grumbling At JPM and Bank One
- JPM Chase Chopping 100 Milwaukee Jobs. Shenn, Jody // American Banker;9/14/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 177, p9
Reports that J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. plans to eliminate 100 jobs at a former Bank One office in Milwaukee due to the need for less auto loan and mortgage collection workers. Description of the former Bank One branch; Comments by a JPMorgan Chase spokesman, who claims the job cuts are unrelated...
- Calm before merger storm. David, Greg // Crain's New York Business;2/16/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p9
This article focuses on the merging of Bank One Corp. and J.P. Morgan Chase & Corp. The vision behind these mergers was developed by Walter Shipley when he was CEO of Chemical and then Chase. He was fond of saying that mergers strengthened his bank because he always had three people for every...
- 2004: It Was A Year Of Unfinished Business. Gortsema, Tim // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/27/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 53, pB1
Looks at the happenings in the business sector in Michigan in 2004. Selection of Jeanne Englehart as president of the Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce in January; Status of the merger planned by J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. and Bank One Corp.; Decision of the board members of Lake Michigan...
- Bank One Chief Economist Leaving. Moyer, Liz // American Banker;8/20/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 161, p20
Announces that Diane Swonk is stepping down as chief economist of Bank One. Significance of the resignation, less than two months after the company's merger with J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.; Profile of Swonk, who spent 19 years with the company.
- Portfolio Manager Leaves Bank One. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;9/14/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 177, p7
Announces that Rich Jandrain, an executive at Bank One's One Group Mutual Funds, left the firm. Impact of the company's takeover by J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. on his resignation; Profile of Jandrain and his service to Bank One.
- JPM Chase, Citing Scale, Will Unravel IBM Pact. Bills, Steve; Moyer, Liz; Wade, Will // American Banker;9/16/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 179, p1
Discusses the impact of a merger deal between J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. and Bank One on the company's huge outsourcing pact with International Business Machines Corp. Report that by January 2005, JPMorgan Chase expects the 4,000 employees it turns over to IBM when the outsourcing deal was signed...
- Bank buyout jolts Tarrant. Francis, Bob // Fort Worth Business Press;1/23/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the acquisition of Bank One by JPMorgan Chase & Co. Cost of the acquisition; Assessment of the buyout by the local bankers in Fort Worth, Texas; Remarks from Bert Ely of Ely & Co. on the buyout.
- Bank One, J.P. Morgan Chase Propose Merger. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/19/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the merger plans of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. and Bank One Corp. in January 2004. Background of both companies; Terms of the merger plans; Significance of the plans.
- M&A in the New Year: Poised To Grow? Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;1/10/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the mergers and acquisitions activity in the U.S., as of January 10, 2005. Forecast on the increase of mergers and acquisitions activity; Number of deals formed in the U.S. in 2003; Plan of JPMorgan Chase & Co. to buy Bank One Corp.