Filling a Hole in the Capital Structure
- Wellman hiking polyester staple capacity. McNamara, Michael // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/14/1994, Vol. 167 Issue 114, p14
Reports on Wellman Inc.'s plans to boost capacity of polyester by 300 million pounds over the next five years as part of the company-wide $500 million investment program. Sales coming from the fiber in 1993; Coverage of the investment program; Plan to expand its PET bottle resin business.
- Wellman Loss Narrows, Sells Euro Unit. // Home Textiles Today;7/30/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p43
The article reports that Wellman Inc., a maker of fortrel polyester, incurred losses during the second quarter ended June 30, 2007. The company's net loss of $11.6 million, or $0.36 per share, for the quarter was an improvement over the previous year's second-quarter net loss of $14.5 million....
- Wellman's quarter net to carry $4.4M charge. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/8/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 48, p25
Reports on polyester maker Wellman Inc.'s pretax charge against earnings for the third quarter ending September 30, 1999.
- Wellman loses $10.5M in period but operating net beats estimates. Malone, Scott // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/30/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 21, p23
Reports on the financial losses incurred by United States-based polyester manufacturer Wellman Inc. during the second quarter of 1999. Amount in net losses posted by the company during the given time period; Factors that would likely contribute to the predicted profitability of polyester makers...
- Wellman produced losses in '04, despite improvements; Outlook is better in 2005. // Nonwovens Markets;2/25/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the losses incurred by Shrewsbury, New Jersey-based polyester fiber and resin producer Wellman Inc. in the quarter which ended on December 31, 2004.
- Bloomberg. // Business News New Jersey;4/3/96, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p45
Announces that Wellman in Shrewsbury, New Jersey has completed the sale of a plant in North Carolina and one in California to the former managers of the sites for an undisclosed sum. Manufacture of bonded batting and manufacture of needle punched fabric; Termination of Wellman's nonwoven...
- `Well' man? // Business News New Jersey;1/10/96, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p2
Looks at the celebration of Wellman on reaching the seven digit revenue figure in December 1995. Wall Street's decline to attend; Wellman's main product drop in demand; Comments from director of industrial relations Jill Rea.
- Wellman sees net dropping in 4th quarter. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/12/96, Vol. 171 Issue 9, p15
Reports on the financial expectations of Wellman Inc. for the fourth quarter of 1995.
- Wellman quarter net up over 100%. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/27/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 83, p15
Reports on the financial performance of Wellman Inc. for the third quarter of fiscal year 1994. factors affecting the sales of solid fibers; Fiber operations in Europe; Demands for solid fibers; Profile of the fibers industry.