- McCain Asks Air Force To Justify Why It Chose 'Heavy-Lift' Platform For CSAR-X. Sirak, Michael // Defense Daily;4/9/2007, Vol. 234 Issue 5, p3
The article reports on the request of U.S. Senator John McCain to the U.S. Air Force to provide the documentation that supports its choice of a heavy-lift helicopter in 2006 to be its next-generation combat-search-and-rescue helicopter. The Air Force has said it will issue a revised solicitation...
- Why choppers go down. Schultz, Stacey // U.S. News & World Report;4/7/2003, Vol. 134 Issue 11, p28
Discusses the dangers faced by U.S. Army helicopters flying low over enemy forces in Iraq. How an Apache helicopter was taken down by Iraqi fire from small arms and shoulder-fired missiles; How Americans were taken as prisoners of war; Consideration of the armor and backup systems on the...
- Air Force Vows To Protect Combat Rescue Helicopter Program. // Helicopter News;3/4/2015, p1
Air Force Secretary Deborah James on Feb. 27 vowed to protect the Combat Rescue Helicopter (CRH) program, even if the service is forced to enactÂ…
- Too Close for Comfort. Delmar, William // Approach: The Naval Safety Center's Aviation Magazine;Jun2003, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p2
Shares how a helicopter pilot avoided a midair collision. RAST-landing/deck-landing qualification flight; Problem experienced by the author with the deck-landing system; Difficulty of landing on non-stationary surfaces; Challenge of landing on small decks; Completion of the pilot phase of the...
- NAVAL AERONAUTICAL ORGANIZATION-UNITED STATES NAVAL AVIATION. // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 86 Issue 5, p42
Presents the Naval Aeronautical Organization of the U.S. Navy Aviation. Air force commanders; Aircraft carriers; Helicopter squadrons.
- Rotorcraft Mishaps Declining, But Challenges Remain, Say Officials. Sirak, Michael // Defense Daily;3/10/2006, Vol. 229 Issue 47, p8
The article claims that although the U.S. Department of Defense has made significant strides in reducing the rate of helicopter losses in combat zones due to pilot error and mechanical failure, the issue remains a concern according to senior officials overseeing the services' aviation projects....
- Helicopters. Roy, Thomas // Flying Safety;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 63 Issue 1/2, p40
This article offers a look at the mishaps and mishap rates of the U.S. Air Force's helicopter community for fiscal year 2006.
- Helicopters. Roy, Thomas // Flying Safety;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 64 Issue 1/2, p40
The article describes the overall performance of helicopters used by the U.S. Air Force in 2007.
- The U.S. Air Force is studying. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/25/1997, Vol. 147 Issue 8, p17
Reports that the US Air Force is considering outsourcing certain helicopter operations. The request for leasing information; The Air Force's fleet of Bell UH-1N helicopters to support missile wing operations and provide passenger transport.