- Tankers. Smith, Jeff // Flying Safety;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 64 Issue 1/2, p32
The article describes the overall performance of the airtanker community of the U.S. Air Force in 2007.
- 'Buy America' Backers Pleased USAF Will Weigh Subsidies In Tanker Competition. Cahlink, George // Defense Daily;5/2/2006, Vol. 230 Issue 22, p4
The article reports that leading congressional backers of Buy America rules are pleased the upcoming Air Force tanker aircraft competition will consider whether bidders receive subsidies from foreign governments. The Air Force released a request for information last month to industry seeking...
- DoD To Reopen Tanker Competition With Young At Helm; Contract Award Expected This Year. // Defense Daily International;7/11/2008, Vol. 9 Issue 28, p1
The article announces the reopening of the Tanker Aircraft Competition organized by the Department of Defense (DoD) in the U.S. in 2008. DoD officials are designated to select the most reliable and effective design of defense aircrafts. First instance of the competition among aircraft developers...
- Tankers. Roukema, Robert // Flying Safety;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 60 Issue 1/2, p14
Presents details on U.S. Air Force Class A and Class B mishaps involving C/KC-135 and KC-10 tanker planes in fiscal year (FY) 2003. Causes of the mishaps; Statistics on Class A and Class B mishaps in FY 2003, including 5- and 10-year averages.
- Tankers. // Airman;Jan2005, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p53
Presents several airtankers of the U.S. Air Force. Primary function of the KC-135 Statotanker; Speed of the MC-130P Combat Shadow; Dimensions of the HC-130N/P.
- Tanker Plan Redux. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/21/2005, Vol. 162 Issue 12, p29
The article reports that various aerospace industry officials offer more complex, flexible options to U.S. Air Force (USAF) aerial refueling needs. Boeing Co. is quietly assuring top USAF planners that it will keep the 767 production line warm for the next two years. Other U.S. aerospace...
- Foreign-Content Issue Overblown In Air Force Tanker Contest, Says KC-30 Head. Sirak, Michael // Defense Daily;9/20/2007, Vol. 235 Issue 57, p4
The article reports that the issue of foreign-supplied parts for the Air Force's next-generation aerial refueling platform, the KC-X, is overblown and misunderstood. The KC-X is the Air Force's top procurement priority. The new tanker will replace the service's Eisenhower-era KC-135...
- House Appropriators Charge Tanker Delay Costly, Question Other Weapons Cuts. Cahlink, George // Defense Daily;2/17/2006, Vol. 229 Issue 32, p1
The article reports that House Appropriators criticized the U.S. Air Force for the delay in replacing its tanker aircraft fleet and suggested the delay would end up costing the Pentagon billions of dollars. The Air Force had decided its best option is to hold a competition for building the...
- NEW FUEL FOR SCANDAL. Babbin, Jed // American Spectator;Mar2005, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on issues regarding the plan of the U.S. Air Force to purchase aircraft tankers. Reasons behind the plan; Provisions of a defense appropriations bill for the Air Force; Overview of a lease deal between the Air Force and Boeing.