Transports and Special Duty
- Air Force Aircraft Tail Markings. // Airman;Jan2004, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p64
Presents U.S. Air Force aircraft tail markings. Code; Aircraft; Unit location and command.
- Quick Return. Babin, Chance C. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Aug2004, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the partnership among Reservists and Airmen under the U.S. Air Force to combine C-5 programmed depot maintenance and the isochronal inspection process to repair a military aircraft. Maintenance process and inspections; Enhancement of stratlift capability; Aircraft improvements.
- Becalmed. Rickenbacker, William F. // National Review;1/21/1977, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p95
The article details the author's experience of being an air pilot in the United States Air Force. The author gives advice on how to cope with engine troubles. He also provides tips to student pilots on how to control their panic when facing a potential air accident. The author's air crash...
- Fighters. // Airman;Jan2004, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p47
Features various fighter planes of the U.S. Air Force. Primary function; Speed; Dimensions; Range; Armament; Crew; Inventory.
- Trainers. // Airman;Jan2004, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p54
Features various training planes of the U.S. Air Force. Primary function; Speed; Dimensions; Range; Crew; Inventory.
- Aerial Targets and Decoys. // Airman;Jan2004, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p57
Features various aerial targets and decoys of the U.S. Air Force. Primary function; Speed; Dimensions; Endurance; Crew; Inventory.
- Dollars and Sense. Fulghum, David A.; Butler, Amy // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/19/2005, Vol. 163 Issue 11, p34
The article reports that the intertwining debates over the upcoming U.S. defense budget and the sweeping Quadrennial Defense Review are expected to expose the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter as the aviation program to undergo the most radical surgery. In turn, the impacts will ripple through a host of...
- Outgoing F-35 Program Manager Sees No Trade-Off For F-22 Money. Malenic, Marina // Defense Daily;1/16/2009, Vol. 241 Issue 9, p3
The article reports on the statement of U.S. Armed Forces Major General C. R. Davis regarding full support of the Defense Department and the federal government for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) program. According to Davis, all three armed services that will use the aircraft were supportive...
- Notes and Comment. // New Yorker;4/5/1958, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p23
The author comments on two articles related to the U.S. military that were published in the April 3, 2006 issue of "Times." The first article was about the plan of the Air Force to stop the high-volume production of military aircraft. The author finds this plan irrational since the aircraft will...