Attack, Observation & Battle Management
- Bombers. // Airman;Jan2004, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p46
Features various bomber planes of the U.S. Air Force. Primary function; Speed; Dimensions; Range; Armament; Crew; Inventory.
- Fighters. // Airman;Jan2004, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p47
Features various fighter planes of the U.S. Air Force. Primary function; Speed; Dimensions; Range; Armament; Crew; Inventory.
- Reconaissance. // Airman;Jan2004, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p48
Features various reconnaissance planes of the U.S. Air Force. Primary function; Speed; Dimensions; Crew; Inventory.
- Schwartz: 'Modest' Next-Gen Bomber Won't Be 'Lone Wolf'. Malenic, Marina // Defense Daily;9/15/2010, Vol. 247 Issue 53, p3
The article presents the views offered by U.S. Air Force Chief of Staff General Norton Schwartz, on next generation bombers. Schwartz said that the nation needs a penetrating bomber aircraft and that the air service is planning to develop such a platform soon. Schwartz called for a development...
- Light Attack/Armed Reconnaissance Aircraft. // Background Information Summaries;2011, p10
The US Air Force conceived the Light Attack/Armed Reconnaissance (LAAR) program in 2009, following US experiences in Iraq and Afghanistan that had demonstrated a need for incorporating smaller, lighter, slower-moving aircraft into the military arsenal. None of the planes in the current fleet...
- Donley: Revised RFP for Light Air Support Will Be Available In 'A Few Months'. Host, Pat // Defense Daily;4/5/2012, Vol. 254 Issue 4, p8
The article offers information on the plans of the U.S. Air Force to develop a request for proposals (RFP) for the Light Air Support (LAS) program in the U.S. It mentions that LAS offers light ground attack and reconnaissance aircraft in Afghanistan. According to Michael Donley, airforce...
- Air Force Aircraft Tail Markings. // Airman;Jan2004, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p64
Presents U.S. Air Force aircraft tail markings. Code; Aircraft; Unit location and command.
- The Predator's War. Parker, Russell // Airman;Dec2002, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p26
Reports on the operations of the RQ-1 Predator aircraft of the U.S. Air Force. Use of the aircraft for reconnaissance; Success of the RQ-1 Predator aircraft in Operation Enduring Freedom; Design of the aircraft.
- Quick Return. Babin, Chance C. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Aug2004, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the partnership among Reservists and Airmen under the U.S. Air Force to combine C-5 programmed depot maintenance and the isochronal inspection process to repair a military aircraft. Maintenance process and inspections; Enhancement of stratlift capability; Aircraft improvements.