- X-29 amazes Air Force with its high angle-of-attack. // Design News;8/26/91, Vol. 47 Issue 16, p29
Reports on the completion of military testing for the X-29 Advanced Technology Demonstrator aircraft by the U.S. Air Force. Advantage of the aircraft over the F-18 chase aircraft; Element allowing the plane to achieve high-angle-of-attack; Modification made to the aircraft.
- Dollars and Sense. Fulghum, David A.; Butler, Amy // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/19/2005, Vol. 163 Issue 11, p34
The article reports that the intertwining debates over the upcoming U.S. defense budget and the sweeping Quadrennial Defense Review are expected to expose the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter as the aviation program to undergo the most radical surgery. In turn, the impacts will ripple through a host of...
- Outgoing F-35 Program Manager Sees No Trade-Off For F-22 Money. Malenic, Marina // Defense Daily;1/16/2009, Vol. 241 Issue 9, p3
The article reports on the statement of U.S. Armed Forces Major General C. R. Davis regarding full support of the Defense Department and the federal government for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) program. According to Davis, all three armed services that will use the aircraft were supportive...
- YF-23 test flight leaves lasting impression. // Design News;11/5/90, Vol. 46 Issue 21, p28
The article reports on the test flight of YF-23 fighter plane in the U.S. Chief test pilot Paul Metz brought the plane to 25,000 ft. and Mach 0.7 in a 50-minute flight to check its basic subsystems. This inspires the Air Force to demonstrate non-augmented supersonic cruise, as well as...
- Bombers. // Airman;Jan2004, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p46
Features various bomber planes of the U.S. Air Force. Primary function; Speed; Dimensions; Range; Armament; Crew; Inventory.
- Attack, Observation & Battle Management. // Airman;Jan2004, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p49
Features various attack and reconnaissance planes of the U.S. Air Force. Primary function; Speed; Dimensions; Range; Crew; Inventory.
- F-117A Nighthawk. Stone, Lynn // F117A Nighthawk;2005, preceding p1
The article offers information about the twin-engine F-117A Nighthawk of the United States Air Force. The F designation by the Air Force classifies the Nighthawk as a fighter, but it has been used largely as an air-to-surface attack plane. Its greatest value has been in making precision attacks...
- Phantom Bird. // Airman;Nov2004, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p49
Shows a picture of United States crew chief Staff Sgt. Brian Hennard marshalling an F-117 Nighthawk to a stop for an end-of-runway check. Training mission of the F-117; Capabilities of the aircraft.
- CLASSIC AMERICAN BOMBING AND ATTACK AIRCRAFT. TAYLOR, NORM // Air Classics;Feb2015, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p52
The article features some of the classic attack and bombing aircraft of the U.S. armed forces. These include the Douglas B-18 Bolo medium bomber, the Douglas A-20 Havoc light bomber and night fighter, the Grumman TBF Avenger torpedo bomber, the Douglas A-3 Skywarrior strategic bomber and the...