- WHO'S PHYSICALLY FIT? Malmstrom, Frederick V. // Flying Safety;Jun2000, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p14
Focuses on how the United States Air Force deals with the physical fitness of service members. Information on the physical fitness program of the Air Force; Background of the fitness tests being used by the Air Force; Some fitness tips.
- MAKING THE DIFFERENCE. Allen, Jeffrey // Airman;Jan2004, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p28
Talks about the new physical fitness program for the U.S. Air Force members. Impact of the September 11, 2001 bombings on the airmen; Significance of being physically fit and ready for the military; Comments from Gen. John P. Jumper, U.S. Air Force Chief of Staff, on the importance of the program.
- CONTROLLING THE WEAPONS. Faulisi, Stephen // Airman;Jan2004, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p44
Talks about the new physical fitness program for the U.S. Air Force members. Significance of having physically conditioned men controlling the military armament; Implementation of the fit-to-fight program of the Air Force; Comments from Gen. John P. Jumper, U.S. Air Force Chief of Staff, on the...
- AEROBIC TRAINING FOR HEALTH AND FITNESS. SARAVANAN; S., UMESH; T. M., RAKESH // Journal of Arts & Culture;2011, Vol. 2 Issue 1-3, p65
Both the term and the specific exercise method were developed by Kenneth H. Cooper, M.D. and Col. Pauline Potts, a physical therapist, both in the United States Air Force. Cooper, an avowed exercise enthusiast, was personally and professionally puzzled about why some people with excellent...
- AFAA TEAMS UP WITH THE UNITED STATES AIR FORCE. // American Fitness;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p54
Presents an overview of the Pacific Air Force (PACAF) fitness tours conducted by the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA). Highlights of each tour; Goal of Bob George, athletic manager of PACAF Headquarters, in scheduling the classes; Support of AFAA to the U.S. military forces.
- Beat that old colonel in the PT test. Widener, Chuck // Airman;Dec2003, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p11
Focuses on the physical training test for the new fitness standards in the U.S. Air Force. Challenge issued by Gen. John Jumper, U. S. Air Force chief of staff, to all men and women in the force; Goal of the new fitness standard; Importance of the new fitness standards;
- Air Force to Offer 24/7 Access at Base Fitness Centers. // Club Industry;Aug2013, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p16
The article informs that the U.S. Air Force is planning to make its fitness centers on bases accessible for airmen 24 hours a day and seven days a week.
- Airmen keep fit in Alaska's 'elephant cage' Dendy, John B. // Airman;Mar2002, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p17
Describes a physical fitness program of airmen from the U.S. Air Force 381st Intelligence Squadron around the AN/FLR-9 circular antenna array at Elmendorf Air Force Base in Alaska. Reason for implementing the program; Result of the program.
- Controversial New Air Force Fitness Standards Delayed. S. B. // Club Industry;Dec2009, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p12
No abstract available.