- DATABASE: 12 OUTSTANDING AIRMEN. // Airman;Mar2009, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p48
Photographs of the twelve outstanding airmen in the U.S. Air Force including Senior Master Sergeant Donna Goodno, Master Sergeant Carla Curry, and Technical Sergeant James Caughron.
- The Air Force general. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/14/2013, pA02
The Air Force general in charge of nuclear-armed intercontinental missiles was fired for personal misbehavior. The dismissal was based on an investigation into Maj. Gen. Michael Carey's behavior during a temporary assignment. It came days after another commander of nuclear forces was removed for...
- Murray now Air Force's top enlisted airman. // Airman;Jul2002, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the appointment of Gerald Murray as the 14th chief master sergeant of the U.S. Air Force on July 1, 2002. Reason for choosing Murray for the position; Aircraft maintenance assignments of Murray since he joined the Air Force in October 1977; Duties and responsibilities of Murray under...
- Not Enough Time. Joyner, Bo // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Jun2003, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p20
Focuses on the problem of the U.S. Air Force officials regarding the duties and training requirements for the global mission of the troops. Formation of the Total Force Training and Education Review Process; Effectiveness of the educational training.
- Flight Check. Peters, Katherine McIntire // Government Executive;Jun99, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p45
Discusses the shortage of servicemen in the United States Air Force. Reasons for leaving the service; Implications of personnel losses; Impact of the temporary deployment to hot spots and humanitarian emergencies around the world. INSET: Ready for Takeoff.
- MILESTONES. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);11/13/2013, Vol. 112 Issue 33, p2C
The article reports that U.S. Air Force Airman Courtney M. Cox graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas.
- Personnel Facts. // Airman;Jan2004, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p34
Presents charts depicting facts about U.S. military personnel released by the Air Force Personnel Center as of September 30, 2003. Active duty strength for fiscal years 1948 to 2003; Civilian strength for the same period; Marital status; Racial breakdown.
- ROUND THE RESERVE. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Dec2013, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p8
The article offers the U.S. Air Force news briefs as of December 2013. The 917th Fighter Group has been inactivated during a ceremony at Barksdale Air Force Base in Louisiana. Air Force Personnel Center officials stated that the Air Force Form 354, Civilian Identification Card, used by the...
- Military Confuses Heroism With Duty. O'Meara, Kelly Patricia // Insight on the News;07/24/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p20
Discusses issues surrounding the Bronze Star Medal given to several members of the United States Air Force who took part in planning the bombing of Yugoslavia. Views of Army Colonel Carl Bernard on the intent of the medal to honor the men who fought in combat areas; Criteria of people who can...