When the Ground Quakes
- Historic Disaster. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;4/17/2006, Vol. 74 Issue 22, p3
The article provides information on the Great Earthquake and Fire of 1906 in San Francisco, California. On April 18, 1906, San Francisco was hit by a major earthquake. The earthquake ruptured the city's gas lines and underground water pipes. Hundreds of fires were ignited all over the city as a...
- Wall of Water. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;4/30/2007, Vol. 75 Issue 22, p2
The article reports on the earthquake and tsunami in the Solomon Islands in March 2007. The tsunami was caused by a strong undersea earthquake, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. Many people were able to move to higher ground to escape danger after the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center sent...
- KIDS' CORNER. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;4/11/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 21, p4
Quizzes for kids are presented, which covered topics about earthquakes.
- Quake Shakes Up Taiwan. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;10/18/99, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the earthquake that struck Taiwan last September 1999.
- Turkey Tries to Rebuild. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;11/22/99, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p2
Discusses the effects of the earthquake that hit Istanbul, Turkey, in August 1999.
- India. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;03/19/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 20, p3
Provides information on earthquake that occurred in India.
- What Makes a Quake. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;3/21/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 18, p2
Discusses the cause of earthquakes. INSET: Inside an Earthquake.
- Why Pakistan Quake Was So Deadly. // Current Science;1/6/2006, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p12
This article focuses on the October 2005 Pakistan-India earthquake.
- 1999 Had Numerous Earthquake Catastrophes All Over World, But Seismic Activity Below... // Insurance Advocate;01/01/2000, Vol. 111 Issue 1, p15
Focuses on earthquakes throughout the world in 1999, as told to the members of the Casualty Actuarial Society during their meeting. Areas in the United States which are made up of numerous faults; Key to predicting future earthquakes; Emerging tool that scientists are using to detect fault...