The measure of Mann
- SALLY MANN. // New Yorker;11/17/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 35, p40
Announces the exhibition of photographer Sally Mann at the Houk gallery in New York City.
- Sally Mann at Houk Friedman. Aukeman, Anastasia // Art in America;Feb1993, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p113
Reviews the art exhibit `Immediate Family,' featuring Sally Mann, at Houk Friedman, New York.
- JESSIE AGAIN. Collins, Lauren // New Yorker;11/6/2006, Vol. 82 Issue 36, p50
This article profiles Jessie Mann, subject of a famous photography exhibit in the early 1990's as a child and now appearing in a new exhibit by Len Prince. Mann was in her early teens when her mother, Sally, took nude, but innocent, photos of her for an collection. The new show is at the...
- MUSEUMS. Davidson, Susan // Washingtonian Magazine;Jun2004, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p25
Presents an update on art exhibits and other events in Washington, D.C. as of June 2004. Scope of the exhibit "Courtly Art of the Ancient Maya" at the National Gallery of Art; Features of the self-guided tour offered at the U.S. Botanic Garden; Subject of the photography exhibit "Sally Mann:...
- America in View at RISD. Schinto, Jeanne // Maine Antique Digest;Dec2012, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p2-C
The article reviews the exhibition "America in View: Landscape Photography 1865 to Now" at the Museum of Art Rhode Island School of Design in Providence, Rhode Island through January 13, 2013.
- The Altered Landscape. Anastas, Paul T. // Issues in Science & Technology;Winter2012, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p8
The article reviews the exhibition "The Altered Landscape: Photographs of a Changing Environment" at the Nevada Museum of Art in Reno, Nevada in the fall of 2011.
- THESE RARE LANDS. Matlack, Jennifer // Garden Design;Dec99/Jan2000, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p28
The article previews the exhibition "These Rare Lands" in Kahului, Hawaii from January 15 to February 27, 2000.
- WOMEN AND LAND. Slade, George // Art Papers;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p57
The article reviews the landscape photography exhibition "Women and Land," on view at the Catherine G. Murphy Galleries at the College of Saint Catherine in Saint Paul, Minnesota from October 25-November 24, 1993.
- No man's land. Rexer, Lyle; Isola, Marina // Vogue;Oct2001, Vol. 191 Issue 10, p296
Highlights a group photography exhibition entitled 'In Response to Place: Photographs From the Nature Conservancy's Last Great Places,' held at the Corcoran Gallery of Art in Washington D.C. Ways in which nature becomes another occasion in the search for form and meaning; Landscape photography...
- What We Talk About When We Talk About Landscape. // Photo District News;Dec2012, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p28
The article reviews the exhibition "America in View: Landscape Photography 1865 to Now" at the Museum of Art Rhode Island School of Design in Providence, Rhode Island till January 13, 2013.