News @ a glance
- The immunization gap. Yaro, Abubakar // Annals of Tropical Medicine & Public Health;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p409
The article presents the study of the Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences Srinager that investigates the gap in immunization in Nigeria. Researchers studied and analyzed 420 children, wherein 270 of them received full immunization while 109 received partial immunization and 41 were...
- UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY FOR ERADICATION SUCCESS NOW RESTS WITH KEY GOVERNMENTS. // Indian Journal of Medical Sciences;Feb2004, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p85
Reports on the massive polio immunization campaigns of the World Health Organization. Prevalence of polio disease; Data on health programs for the eradication of the disease; Benefits of the health programs.
- Progress Toward Interruption of Wild Poliovirus Transmission -- Worldwide, January 2010-March 2011. Ogbuanu, Ikechukwu U. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;5/13/2011, Vol. 60 Issue 18, p582
The article discusses the progress toward polio eradication from January 2010 to March 2011. The World Health Assembly sought to develop strategies to eradicate polio in May 2008 which led to the development of the 2010-2012 Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI) Strategic Plan. The article...
- Moving health diplomacy forward. // Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal;Aug2014, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p521
The article reports on topics which were discussed at a seminar on health diplomacy which was hosted by the World Health Organization Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean and was held in Cairo,Egypt on May 3-5, 2014. Topics included the promotion of health diplomacy, global health...
- Polio eradication--the last and toughest 1%. Maurice, John // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;2001, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p582
Reports on the World Health Organization-led global polio eradication initiative. Description and goals of the initiative; Expenses; Success of the initiative.
- Local health departments ready for immunizations. LAMENDOLA, BOB // South Florida Times;8/6/2015, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p6C
The article offers information on free back-to-school immunizations for children offered by the Florida Department of Health (DOH) in Broward, Palm Beach and Miami-Dade counties. It mentions vaccinations required for school including for polio, chickenpox, and hepatitis B. It cites the Florida...
- India considers new vaccine strategy to eliminate polio. Mudur, Ganapati // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);12/6/2008, Vol. 337 Issue 7682, p1316
The article reports on the 2008 plans of the health ministry of India to evaluate a proposal to introduce the injectable polio vaccine in 2009 in one region of the country. The plans came after the Indian government started to question its three decade policy of using only oral vaccines in its...
- Client Positions. // Health Assessment Through the Life Span;2005, p381
An appendix which features client positions in body organ and system assessment is presented.
- Conversion Rules. // Health Assessment Through the Life Span;2005, p383
An appendix which features conversion rules used in body organ and system assessment is presented.